1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transgender? The confusion has reached a new high.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BobJones, Feb 10, 2016.

1. BobJones

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am 19 years old, and I was assigned male, so if I truly am transgender, I would be Male to Female.
    I did not experience any real dysphoria until seven months ago, when I had almost an awaking, unlocking a part of me which was female or feminine, through forms of crossdressing. For me, it was not in any way fetishised or just another way of dressing, I was trying my best to appear as female as possible.
    This behaviour unlocked other behaviours and thoughts which caused me to question my gender identity. I recall as a child, asking to be called a girl, and telling my parents that I was a girl. They simply told me I was a boy and after trying a few times, I gave up. I was 4 years old at the time.
    I desperately want to wear articles of clothing and accessories what convey a sort of androgynous/ feminine expression, and I would prefer it to male clothing and expression.
    Socially, I have always connected with girls better, and I feel saddened when I am perceived as a man or male by them when I'm associating with them. I also feel no attraction to women, but I am aware that has no relation to gender identity.
    I go through hyper feminine periods where if given the chance, I would start transitioning immediately to female. I recently changed my secondary facebook profile's preferred pronouns to female ones, and my furaffinity bio, I describe myself as a MtF transgender person. This happened during one of my hyper dysphoric feminine periods.
    I watch many transgender youtubers and many HRT update videos, and dream of the day when I can finally start transitioning. I also have felt envious of cisgender women, since in these periods, I wish I had been born a female.
    When I'm not in one of these periods, I don't feel entirely male, but I deeply question what my true identity is. I begin to fear looking like a man in drag during transition, and how my family will perceive me, which are unpleasant thoughts to me. I also feel much less dysphoria, if any at all when this happens, and I doubt whether I'm trans at all.
    It's all very confusing to me, so I would greatly appreciate the help.

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Wow, I can relate to this a lot. I'm very tired right now so I might return later, but right now I can just give you my biggest advice, that I'm obliged to give to myself all the while as well: Stop thinking. Overthinking everything makes everything worse. Feel in your heart what's right for you and believe in yourself.

3. BobJones

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh yes. Overthinking has been detrimental to my progress.