1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binder safety question

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by darkcomesoon, Feb 11, 2016.

1. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I bought a new binder from LesLoveBoat, and I own another from them which is a slightly different style, but they're both velcro. The new one is much more elastic/stretchy than the old one, which makes it really easy to breathe in, which I appreciate. The downside is that it puts more constant pressure on my ribs. The old one would be tighter when I breathed in and looser when I breathed out, although never significantly loose or significantly tight (but it did make it a bit difficult to breathe all the way in). The new one isn't super tight, but compresses pretty evenly all the time. I figure that being more breathable is definitely a good thing, but I have pretty sensitive bones, and I'm finding that this new one makes my ribs sore more easily if I'm not careful. I've always been very cautious with binders, so I'm not completely sure what is actually considered normal with compression. Does it sounds like my new binder is safer or less safe than my old binder?

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It might be something you need to break in, since my loveboat binder was like that too. You might also need to keep the velcro a little looser for the time being.