1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First Binder

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by H20, Feb 12, 2016.

1. H20

H20

Okay, so I finally got some money saved up and I'm looking for a binder. I've measured myself and I'm planning on buying from Underworks most likely, but also considering GC2b.

However, this would be my first binder and I'm not sure what exactly I should be looking for. Like there's tri-tops and tanks, and I'm not sure which would be preferable. So any tips on how to find your first binder I guess is what I'm asking? Also, do's and don'ts with binding? Actually any tips or advice regarding binders would be very much appreciated.

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Choosing between a full length binder, or a tri top is mostly a preference thing. I'm a chubby guy, so I've always stuck to full length ones--but that's just me.

Here's some things to remember with binding:

* Once you find where you call on size charts, stick with that size. If you're in between, go for the size up. Never go with a size that is clearly too small for you.

* Never double up on binders. I know a guy who broke his rib doing this, and it's not something fun to recover from.

* Don't wear your binder longer than eight hours. This is mostly a safety issue, because doing so for long periods of time without taking a break can result in injuries.

* Never sleep in your binder, because it will restrict your breathing.

* If you feel out of breath, winded, or dizzy while binding--then take it off and let your body have a break. It's very important that you listen to your body.

3. JackIsANerd

People have told me underworks compresses more but gc2b is more comfortable! I myself plan to purchase from gc2b and ill be getting a half tank it all depends on what you are looking for :grin:

4. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Unworks binds really well, but I had to help in it the first 3 times or so and it takes a few times for it not to feel uncomfortable.

I haven't used the other brand but I do plan to buy one sooner or later

5. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For the tri-top vs tank, the biggest difference is whether or not you want your stomach area compressed as well. Some people find it to be comfortable and preferable to also compress their stomach (tank), but I found it felt awful. The good news about that is that if you have the tank and decide you want it shorter, you can cut it off with a pair of scissors. Even going through the wash machine and dryer (which apparently isn't recommended ever...oops!), I never had any unraveling problems.

6. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Also, I got the tank. But I'm a bit on the heavy side, so I like how it compressed my stomach a bit, and I felt it made my hips look not as wide

7. H20

H20

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the input and advice.

8. Kafei

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it's all about what you think you would prefer, really.
    I have two binders, both from gc2b. one is a half and the other's a tank. they bind the same (at least for me) but I've found that the tank is more comfortable and doesn't hurt my ribs as much.
    the half binder only hurts my ribs because it rides up a lot because i have big hips. with the tank, i can just tuck it into my pants and it stays comfortably on my body. so taking your body type into consideration is really important also.