1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mother & binding

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Aqulia, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Aqulia

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let's start this off with, no, I am not a mother. c:
    I'm a tired teen questioning my gender, and have come out to my mum saying I want to try binding. She's very open minded and supports me fully, but is very worried about all of the health risks she's heard of and wants to talk to my doctor before allowing me to own a binder. With my anxiety prone self I'm worried that the doctor will dish out some bad stuff about binding and convince my mum binding is dangerous.

How likely do you people think that is?

2. JackIsANerd

Binding can be very safe if you get a good binder in the correct size, and of course only wear it up to 8 hours! As long as you don't wear it too long and make sure you don't ignore pain if it starts. Follow those rules and you should be perfectly fine good luck (*hug*)

3. Distant Echo

This is a good thing. This is what I, as a mother would do. I would want more information. Not necessarily from a doctor but I would want more information.
    Do some research. Direct her to a few sites. Give her that information. Discuss that information with her..

It is what I would want....as a mother.

4. AaronV

I agree, I think it's good that your mother wants to get more information and it's great that she supports you.
    Like Jackson has said. Get the right binder in the right size and don't wear it for too long and you should be safe. Also show your mom binders such as the gc2b. Those binders are specifically made for transguys with things like safety and comfort kept in mind.

5. demigodjay

Okay. That is EXACTLY what my mom did. The way I went was saying, I've known since I started puberty that this wasn't my body, I don't need a doctor's diagnosis to tell me I can bind, and things to that extent. Basically my mom was telling me that until I know that I never want to show off my chest, I shouldn't do things that deform it. Maybe I sent her the wrong website to read...