1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where do I see myself in 10 years?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Hawk, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dad and I were talking, and both my parents are the most supportive people, and he gave me some things to think about. Where do I see myself in 10 years? Do I see myself having a family? Things like that.
    Do I see myself having a family? Maybe. Though, I sure as hell am not getting pregnant.
    How do I explain non-binary genders? It sounded like he just knows binary female or binary male. Sure I prefer more masculine clothes, but does that mean I'm male? No.

2. TomboyGoth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think that's a great idea to think about a future you would like to have. We get stuck in the past so much that we sometimes lost the thing that matters the most, the future. I'm right there with you that i would not want to get pregnant ever but i still might want to get kids some day.

I dress quite masculine and i sometimes like when people refer me with masculine pronouns, but only if it's friends and meant like a nick name. I'm definitely not trans. I felt really awkward when my mom's neighbor started to call me with a boy's name (that is close to my name) and kind of tried to find out if i was transitioning or something.

I think the easiest way to explain is to not use any defining terms, because most people don't know what they mean. Just tell what you like and explain that while it is something different from gender stereotypes it doesn't still change who you are. I think people are always weirded out by me (well i also dress in all black..) and might even fear me. But when i'm super nice to them all the old ladies also like me always. The attitude is what matters in the end.

3. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I also get really awkward when my grandpa starts saying how much I look like a boy by the way I dress or stand, especially when my parents are around.

Thanks for your reply. (*hug*)