1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm confused again :s

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by optionthree, Feb 16, 2016.

1. optionthree

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've been confused for a while now, but I pushed it to the back of my mind; I'm more of a "work it out alone' kinda guy, but I can't really do that anymore.

I basically know who I am, but what I can't work out is if these are my feelings towards my identity or expression. I know that I want to be male. I want testosterone and I want top surgery. Any further than that I'm unsure, but I'll come back to that. What's different is: I'm unhappy being stereotypically male. I would much rather just be androgynous, and I am quite. I like my name and I'm fairly happy being a he, I just don't like dressing like one or acting like one.

I know this sounds like expression, but to some extent, I don't want a penis. I pack, generally so I don't feel awkward around 'other guys', but if I'm at home or with people I am confident don't care, I don't want to, because I just don't need to. I like being of indeterminate gender.

My question is this: is this my identity or expression? Can I still be a guy if I don't want a dick? I need some reassurance.

2. noname8387

why do you not want a penis?

3. Kiran

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes. You still can be a guy. Not all transguys want penis operation. You can can also be nonbinary or some other label (I'm not into those).

I want to get all the operations but I don't see myself as a stereotypical male.

4. KittensandCandy

Yeah you don't need one to be a transguy. The way you look had nothing to do with your gender. Some Gus don't have top or bottom surgery, others don't take hormones and some don't do either but it didn't mean they can't identify as a guy :slight_smile:

5. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Lots of trans guys don't have significant bottom dysphoria, and even many of those who do don't want bottom surgery. You can absolutely be a guy even if you don't want a dick.