1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I trans? Questioning my gender identity

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by RyanItalian, Feb 19, 2016.

1. RyanItalian

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello everyone, I just joined this website as I've read some threads and the replies of the users seemed very kind and helpful. I am Ryan, 20, gay, Italian and I am a male (or at least that's the sex I was assigned).
    Lately, I've been questioning my gender identity. I'm ok with my sexual orientation, I came to terms with it long ago, and I know that I like men, and I am attracted to masculinity.
    However, I started to consider another option... I might be transgender. I've always been a very feminine boy, I even looked like a girl during puberty and my voice sounded female too. I've always been attracted to cross dressing and role play, and I have a huge passion for dresses, makeup and girly stuff. In fact I started doing drag.
    I've always liked girly toys such as dolls, mini-kitchens and girly colours. Also, I've always acted like a girl, quite often it was natural, some other times I voluntarily imitated women. I have feminine gestures, and I have to be careful when I meet new people or I'm in public to how I move my hands and my hips and try to act masculine to avoid being bullied.
    Till not long ago, I simply used to consider myself very flamboyant, but then I told myself that I never had a masculine attitude. Ever.
    When I was in school I hated being associated to the boys, I hated being in group with them, having to play with them, having to ACT like them. Even going to the changing room was a challenge for me. It was just TOO AWKWARD for me. I used to get changed in the toilet, and sometimes I even got changed in front of the girls in their locker room (they had no problem with it because we were friends). I don't know, it was terrible for me to be compared to males. I used to tell myself and other people "I am not like them. They're dirty, they're strong, they need to show their superiority. They're so full of testosterone, it's disgusting. I don't wanna be compared to them". (I know it sounds funny and it's not meant to be offensive in any way, that's just what I used to say back in school).
    When I started growing up, during puberty, I fell in love for some straight guys and I'd wish I was a girl so I could be with them. Sometimes I masturbated touching the part between the scrotum and the anus (I'm sorry I don't know what that part is called) and pretend I had a vagina. Sometimes I nearly cried, because I wanted to have a vagina. Then it kinda stopped for a while, I was happy being a male, and I just did drag on a few occasions. Then I started enjoying it a lot, and started wanted to do it more. Now I tell people that I'm a drag queen but there's more to that. I don't do shows, I don't get payed. I don't do crazy makeup. I like dressing up, putting makeup on and look like a girl, when I wash my face and remove the makeup I want to cry. When I take off my "fake boobs" I want to cry. I wanna have them.
    The reason I'm confused is that, I don't really consider myself a girl. I wouldn't say "I'M A GIRL!" it's more something like "I wanna be a girl". Also, I don't have a problem with people calling me a "he" or with my penis. Or at least not when I'm alone. It only gets awkward when I'm having sex with someone. I'm a bottom, and it makes me uncomfortable when people touch my penis, I don't know if I can consider this "dysphoria".

Am I transgender? Please, don't tell me that I might be gender fluid. I'd rather fall into the "binary" gender system. Thank you very much in advance and sorry if it's so long and confused, I just don't know how to put it clearly into words. If you need any other info just let me know.

2. arieltyler

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    only you can answer if you're trans or not. everyone's trans experience is different. as for the being uncomfortable when someone touches you, you may be asexual or gray-asexual?