1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unsure of myself, kind of scared, please help?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by frog, Feb 20, 2016.

1. frog

ok, as you can see, i am new to this website. i signed up solely because i couldnt find anywhere else to turn for help, and i am a bit desperate for information.

so to start off, im dfab and i identify as bigender, both male and female. however, i think my situation is a bit unorthodox and i have had a hard time understanding what should be done for my exact situation.

for some backstory/additional information about myself: as far back as i can remember in almost every single one of my dreams i have had a masculine body. when i was around 13 i started having dreams of undergoing sex reassignment surgery during the few dreams i didnt have a masculine body. i would always feel so much happier afterword; i havent had that kind of dream recently but i continue to have a masculine body in like 95% of my dreams. i dont think that i would undergo sex reassignment surgery irl because as far as i know, technological capabilities in those areas are weak? but i do experience mild genital dysphoria in the sense that while i dont necessarily mind having a vagina, i feel as though a penis is what is "right" for me. i also experience dysphoria when it comes to my body in general -- my height is my main source of dysphoria. however i have no desire to alter my chest whatsoever, which is a problem for me because i want HRT desperately but i don't want my breasts to get smaller. i want to work out to help shape my body as well, but i have no interest in stereotypically "masculine" clothing or other similar ways of presenting; i plan on keeping my hair long, continuing to wear makeup, dress about the same way, etc.

this is where i have a few questions:

i desperately want to grow taller. can testosterone result in growth spurts, taking into consideration that im 17 years old? i think i read somewhere that it can as long as my growth plates arent closed but i would prefer a more definitive answer. im 5'5 while my dad and brother are both 6+ feet tall. i dont expect to grow that tall but i would at least like to be 5'7 or something

also, is there any way to prevent the side effect of breast reduction? while i look forward to most of the gradual side effects of testosterone such as my voice deepening, changes in body shape, the cessation of my period, possibly my height as well-- i prefer my chest the way it is now.

another question i have is, is applying testosterone gel a proper method of HRT? almost everyone ive read about had shots administered, but i dont like shots lol. and i think i recall reading something about testosterone levels being more unstable through shots, where levels are very high to begin with but very low right before the next shot? gel seems like a much better option for me, if its a reliable way to transition.

for my final question: i have a hard time finding information on how to appear more androgynous that doesnt rely on clothing or haircuts and so forth. i want to be able to pass as male with the help of testosterone, but i still want to pass as female, does that make sense? the only transitioning guides ive read have been designed for trans males, i couldnt find any decent ones for bigender/andro people. i was wondering if anyone could help me more specifically or provide me with information, taking into consideration that im bigender and not a trans man?

i would appreciate any advice, opinions, or help that anyone can provide. only recently have i started doing research on gender stuff. i have been very stressed due to dysphoria and school and the idea of having to come out so i can get HRT :^(