1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What gender do I indentify as??

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by silentxxcries, Feb 20, 2016.

1. silentxxcries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So I'm really confused about myself. I've kind of always hated being a girl, but also see good sides to it. I dread wearing dresses, heels etc, but I love necklaces, makeup and painting my nails. I can't decide which gender I prefer but sometimes I sit and think, or even cry, because I wish I could be a boy. A lot of the time, I wish I'd said this before so I could take testosterone and stop female puberty. However I'd also miss being a girl. I'm really confused... The best option for me would be being able to switch genders entirely. I was thinking gender fluid, but I never feel like a boy, I am unable to because of my long hair, feminine body and the way my mum makes me dress. I wish I could cut my hair short as i would be able to feel a tiny bit more masculine. I often research transgender and changing gender. I consider changing gender, but then think about how I'd also miss being a girl. I just don't know what to do or how to identify. I don't really know if I explained this well but j hope someone can help me... (&&&)

2. TiaKay

TiaKay Guest

Your not the only one I have the same problem as you but just to help you it will help you or make you feel better by cutting your hair short so you can start doing that and then see how you feel about it...

3. silentxxcries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

My god I'd love to, and a lot of the time I hide my hair in my beanie and leave out just my fringe, but I'm not allowed to cut my hair. I would get told off in school and my mum won't let me. My friend told me to just cut it myself, but I can't imagine how long is get grounded if I did that...:icon_sad:

4. TiaKay

TiaKay Guest

Me too that's for sure I might not be allowed to cut my hair and I think to cut my hair myself but it will go bad...

5. silentxxcries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Yeah I've often stood in the mirror with scissors wanting to cut my hair :icon_sad:

6. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't tell you your gender, but I would advise that you not put too much stock in whether or not you feel like a boy. It can be really hard to feel like a boy when your body and everyone around you tells you you're not one. When thinking about your gender identity, I think you can consider the times you really want to be a boy to be "feeling like a boy" (so I wouldn't rule out being genderfluid or a trans guy).

7. Innsanchez

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't actually identify your gender, because the only person who can identify his/her self is actually by himself, what I can say is that your maybe a "lipstick" lesbian, the kind of lesbian who completely dresses and appears like a straight woman, but feels so man. hope it can help (partly).

8. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my, I wish I could help. *teen flashback*
    I think what you could do is get some boyish or more androgynous clothing. And do some sport. Selecting from my own ideas majority of which didn't pan out or were plain stupid, that turned out to be the right combination.

I agree.

9. silentxxcries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thanks true but I'm not a lesbian. And I don't really know if that's it. I just don't know what to do and how to feel I just feel too feminine now, and I'd even prefer it if I just didn't feel like I have a gender at all but I don't know how to do that. I often just wish there was a button on the human body that let you change gender so I could just be whichever gender k want to be whenever.

10. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think you're a lipstick lesbian, nor do I think that that's what the term means. Anyway, given that you seem to alternate between wanting to be a girl and wanting to be a boy, the label genderfluid might suit you.

11. silentxxcries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    To be honest i think thats it. Maybe I just need more male clothes and cut my hair to feel more like a boy and more gender fluid. Thank you! :slight_smile: