1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to convince my mom?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by TiaKay, Feb 20, 2016.

1. TiaKay

TiaKay Guest

So I wanna cut my hair short so like that I could feel more masculine, more comfortable and it will be easier for me to see if I really wanna be a guy or a girl. But the problem is that it's sure that my mom/dad will think that I'm probably crazy or will wonder why I wanna do this. Specially my mom well I don't know about my dad but I know how my mom will feel about it. But I just really want too and I don't know how I could convince my mom... The problem too is that I wanna cut my hair now and it's like I can't support my long hair anymore... The thing is that it's not a really good idea that I cut it now because I dyed my hair from maybe one month ago and cut it a little bit too (like just adjusting it). So if I tell my mom right now that I wanna cut it it will be weird, maybe she will think something is wrong cause I dyed it and cut it one month ago. Btw I can't tell that I wanna cut my hair to my dad before telling my mom because of some reasons. So I have to ask my mom.

So how should I convince my mom to cut my hair short or what should I say to her if she asks me why (without telling the real reason) ?

And should I wait a little bit to tell her that I wanna cut my hair??

2. silentxxcries

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual

I have exactly the same problem, I really want to cut my hair short but I know she won't let me I don't know what to do :frowning2:

3. Mr Spock

Wait another month or two and then tell your mom you want a pixie. Show her pictures of celebrities that have "cute" pixie cuts. Or you could just steadily get it cut shorter until it's your desired length. You could also donate your hair for wigs and get it short that way.

Good luck :slight_smile:

4. Lipstick Leuger

I don't get parents who don't let their kids wear their hair the way they want to. It grows back after all, it's not like you are removing a finger or toe. I never cared about my kids and their hair, if it was clean and combed, I was fine with it.