1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling stuck

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JackIsANerd, Feb 21, 2016.

1. JackIsANerd

So past few weeks my dysphoria has been getting worse and worse and I just feel lost :confused: I just really want to start T but im not out to my mom and giving her a letter didn't work she just ignored it and acted like nothing happened. I just don't know what to do I just want to feel better, any advice? :frowning2:

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Is there a possibility you can wait until you're 18 so you can get it yourself?

Sorry this isn't much.

3. JackIsANerd

I am not sure I depend on my mom quite a lot because of medical reasons so she is with me every doctors appointment and stuff. My birthday is also all the way in December, I am going to try my best to come out before then super scared too though. :bang:

4. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sorry to hear that the dysphoria is bad, and I hope that you're coping alright (*hug*)

If you can't really talk to your mom, are there are any trans support groups around where you live? I know how it feels to be pretty stuck, but in the meanwhile I suggest researching into places like gender clinics where you might be able to start T/surgeons who can help with top surgery, stuff like that. Even if it is far away getting more information never hurts, and it helps me look forward into the future on bad days (even though it can sometimes feel so far away). If you're really in a bad place there are some international trans hotlines I think you might be able to call.

Furthermore I know 18 feels far away but hold on a few more months, and once you're legally an adult (I assume it's 18 where you are?) I'm pretty sure you can do a lot of the doctor's stuff by yourself, and you don't have to go through your parents.

However I get the need to come out and how it isn't easy. If she ignored your letter there's a possibility she might be trying to deny it, which really sucks but sometimes parents do need a long period of time to accept and come to terms with their children's gender (and/or sexuality). Try and find some coming out resources and videos you might be able to show her (I have a few videos I found online by other trans Youtubers who've made videos towards the parents of trans folks), and save some links. Meanwhile if you're safe to do so try and open up a bit of conversation about LGBT+ / trans issues with your mom. Then again, be safe doing so, especially if she might react badly. I've drafted one or two coming out letters already and I'm nowhere near ready to come out, but you can give that a go.

As for just the dysphoria in general, and the feeling of being stuck and how uncomfortable that can be, I just drive myself into my interests most days (e.g. music and all), and keep working at what I can work at. It's not really a solution but it helps. I also watch a lot of trans Youtubers, but that's just a personal thing that I like doing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Best of luck (*hug*)

5. JackIsANerd

Thanks for all the kind words Jake! I am going to try to work on coming out to her fully sometime soon! As far as I know there isn't any support groups because well its the south but I have been searching for therapists and I plan to ask one of my doctors about T and stuff! I think I may have some stuff planned out fingers crossed :grin:

6. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No worries! Best of luck in coming out, and hopefully you can find the people and support you need on the way. Cheers (*hug*)