1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binding for a big guy

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by malig, Feb 21, 2016.

1. malig

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So, I'm going to order my first ever binder(!) Exciting stuff! But as the title says, I'm a big guy. Chest size, I'd either go for a medium/large (I'm about 38-40"). From underworks. Now, everyone says, if in doubt go for the bigger one because of pain issues. But, I have a another consideration to take into account - my belly. I'm about 45-47" around my stomach. I am dieting and whatnot, and look to cut this down considerably, which is why I've been holding off buying one. But, I've started binding unhealthily (bandages, tapes, you know the score). So, I think it's time to invest. I'm 17, almost 18, and starting transition a lot later than most people. And so I think this would be the kickstart to push forward in my transition, and also give me confidence to talk to my parents! But, I don't have a source of income etc, so am a bit wary about going all out on an underworks one if it doesn't fit me properly. I have 2 main issues with getting it.
    1) Will I stretch it too much because of my weight issues, so will it last long being tight enough to compress my chest well?
    2) When I start to lose a noticeable amount of weight, I will probably have to buy another one as it will be too loose then. And 2 lots of underworks binders in a short space of time, is a lot of money for a student with no job :confused:

So, have any of you got advice about what to do?
    I tried to look at cheaper alternatives, but the reviews haven't been too good. I stress the fact I don't have a lot of money and I am not out to my parents yet, so they wouldn't be able to help financially. Any advice/links etc, absolutely anything to help! I'd appreciate it, thanks!

(&&&)

2. pinkclare

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you get the tri-top style, it won't have to go over your stomach!

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with above and go tri-trip but even on the full length tanks the material at the stomach isnt mesh or anything that will compress but just a thin cotton material to cover and its stretchy so you shouldn't stress about the size of your stomach. Can I also suggest gc2b if you haven't already looked into them, I've seen reviews of guys with large chests and the compression of gc2b is apparently brilliant for them and I can already rave about their binders but fortunately I'm quite small chested.

You need to take shoulders into account when ordering your size, I ordered my third before I got the size right because even if my chest is small my shoulders are quite broad in comparisn for someone that is DFAB. If you want a decent binder then I wouldn't suggest skimping on money for a cheap eBay alternative, I can find you some links of ones that I've seen alright reviews for if you're desperate but honestly you'll be so much more comfortable in a properly made one.

4. AaronV

I'd go with the tri-top in L.
    Good thing about those is that you can cut them in the places that don't fit and the fabric won't unravel and the binding quality will stay the same. (I cut mine at the armpits for example because the fabric was cutting into the skin.)
    I'm overweight as well and the binder never stretched. I have my binder for well over a year and wore it nearly daily, it always stayed as tight as it if were brand new. I ordered a new one a couple of weeks ago and I just compared the sizes and they are both the same.