1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Androgynous haircuts?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nike007, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello. I just joined today and posted in the introduction section. I believe to be androgyne, but I am unsure, but this seems to be a fit for me so. Currently, I have short/medium hair for a female because my friend wanted to see how it looked long and I don't really care. I like having hair that people can play with because I really like my hair touched (something about dead follicles or something, I don't know). With long hair, it can be played with more, but I don't want to look 100% female. I will think about this for a bit though, because I am unsure if I'm being impulsive right now, it will have to wait for a few days. I am born female, and still want to be called she/her, but want a more masculine haircut. Any suggestions? Thanks for your time reading this :icon_bigg .

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I mean typing 'androgynous haircuts' into Google images would be my best advice. Androgynous for someone who is DFAB is usually a shorter cut and you'll see that if you search pictures, something short back and sides is very generic but it depends on your hair type - if it's curly, frizzy, straight etc. You might need to do some of your own research to see which type of cut would suit you.

3. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello. I have done some research and I am a thinking of some type of bob. I will keep looking. Thanks for your response :icon_bigg.

4. gaymer4life

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Japanese culture and its anime subculture is quite Androgynous. Type "Anime Androgynous" into the query and I think you'll find some unique and creative styles you can present to your stylist

5. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for that. I don't watch anime and didn't realize many of them are androgynous looking. Ill check it out.

#5 Nike007, Feb 23, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2016