1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am so confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lizardman, Feb 26, 2016.

1. lizardman

Right, so where should I start?
    I came onto this website a while back thinking that I might be trans because I was feeling extreme dysphoria related to my chest and how I dress. But at the same time, I'm afraid to say that I'm trans because there are also certain feminine qualities I like about myself, both physical and emotional, such as my lack of facial/body hair and my emotional sensitivity that's more commonly associated with being female. I also tend to switch between wanting to crossdress and wanting to present myself as my biological gender in some fashion, such as wearing a skirt or a dress. I think I might be more of a genderfluid type identity, but I'm still really confused about my chest dysphoria :frowning2:

2. RocketRacoon

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You could identify as male while still having "feminine" qualities. Also, there are lots of other nonbinary gender identities (demigender, genderflux, etc) that might fit you. The Transgender Teen Survival Guide tumblr has a post on that here. Hope this helps!

3. lizardman

Thanks ^-^ It does help, a little.

4. lizardman

I guess I should be more specific: There are times when I dress in traditionally masculine clothing and still feel very female. Or conversely, I can occasionally dress in somewhat feminine clothing and still feel male. And then there are times where how I dress lines up with my gender more exactly. There are times where I wish my breasts would just disappear, and then there are other times where I can appreciate them as part of a female identity. I don't know.

5. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    How you dress doesn't define gender. Gender is how you feel that makes you feel good. Have you looked at terms like bigender, demigirl/boy, and gender fluid? Look up a LBGT+ dictionary on the Internet or specifically look up gender identity dictionary and read through it all. It may help you discover your true gender identity. The link the other poster posted was quite good. Thanks for that. Good luck :icon_bigg.