1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting my hair cut

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Riddler, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Riddler

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been thinking about getting my hair cut short. But the last time I asked my mom told me flat out, no because it would make me look like a boy. If I do decide to ask, I'm hoping I will be able to convince her if I ask to get a more feminine hairstyle.

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was in the same position months ago. If you have long hair right now, it's usually a good idea to start with something feminine so you can ease your parents into things. It's a bit frustrating, but often necessary. Try finding a few cuts online that are feminine that you can live with, and show them to your parents. Keep communication open.

Welcome to EC, by the way. :slight_smile:

3. lizardman

^^^ to the poster above. I did that with my mom and it worked surprisingly well, to the point where she let me get my hair completely buzzed once ^-^ I've since grown it out (by choice), but my mom still allows me to style it in ways that are both feminine and masculine.