1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to decide on androgynous name/nickname

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nike007, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello. After realizing that I'm probably androgyne, I would like to have a nickname for my name that fits androgynous. Currently, my name is Nicole. I like the name Nicole, but it's a feminine name, which I don't really want. These are my opinions I have narrowed to:
    Nicol, Nike, Niko, and Nicky.
    I don't really like the name Nicky, but it's the most common unisex name that's related to Nicole. Nicole without the e doesn't do anything for me. I like Niko, but I don't want to start thinking I'm male because it's kinda on the fence of androgynous. Nike is very uncommon name or nickname so I don't know about it. I know no one can choose, but I'd like some of your thoughts. I do like Niko a lot. Maybe I've already decided? I don't know. Thanks for your response.

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well your username is Nike, so...

How do you pronounce "Nike?" This one is unique and more androgynous than some of the others. Though I also like Nik/Nick, Niko, or perhaps Cole.

3. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nike (pronounced nigh-key) was the Greek goddess of victory, so I'd probably go with that one as I love mythology (my name is the Egyptain god of storms, desert, destruction and chaos :slight_smile: )

4. Kiran

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Goddess. Woman. I'd rule Nike out. :wink:

5. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the name Nico is pretty cool name and I think its the most androgynous name you've got. It could be considered more masculine than feminine but its definitely in the middle somewhere.

6. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My user name for a lot of places is Nike because my parents named me after her because of lots of trouble getting pregnant and victory just relates to the finally moment. I do like Nike, but it's not that popular compared to all the others, but it's okay.

7. LizSibling13

LizSibling13 Guest

For now, I'm just added an 'N' to my real name (Ryan) so it is now Ryann. Liz, my sister went from Ethan (her boys name) to Elizabeth to Liz.

8. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've decided on Niko. It took me a lot of thought, but I find I relate to it a lot. I like it a lot. Thanks for all your guys input. Here, a company is called Nike, and I don't want people to think that my name is after them, because it's not. There are a few famous girl Niko/Neko, and a lot of people think male, so I feel it's a good choice, considering I don't like Nicky. Nicol still seems feminine without the e. So this is a good choice. So call me Niko for now on. It's pronounced knee-ko. Just letting you know. I feel so excited by it.

9. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love that name, makes me think of the Percy Jackson series. :slight_smile:

10. larkcarmen

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with Cody. ^u^

11. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you for your support :slight_smile:. Though it's just a nickname, I still like my name, I just don't want people to know I was born female. I am not female. Niko is a(n) unisex name so it's good. I haven't read the new Percy Jackson (I read the original 5). But there is Neko Case, a female singer, a person from a TV show called Lipstick something starring Brooke Shields. Never heard of them, but did 3 hours of research to know everything about my name, specifically nicknames. Apparently a nickname for Nicole is Kiki. Makes no sense to me, but...