1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Penis envy

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Foxfeather, Feb 29, 2016.

1. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    (!) Hate to say it, but I do have a certain degree of (!) envy.

:eusa_liar I'm a virgin, but I just think it'd be easier/more direct if I could just go up to any girl and assume that she is, to some degree, fair game. Oh. Not to mention how much easier the mechanics would be. The idea of a strap-on sounds great, but the idea of actually owning what's between my legs? And feeling myself entering her?

I think, to a certain degree, being the tomboyish woman that I am suits me. :thumbsup: And it sounds crazy but. . . I think very highly of my ability to love others. I'm a caring person and I know it, and I think it's wonderful that, someday, I may be able to make a woman--a woman who might have been told all her life that she is unloveable--feel loved. (*hug*)

I just think that, if I had been born a guy, it'd suit me more. I'd act just the same way as I do now, except with a little less giggling. And I might be tempted to act more tough than I am... :bang::grin:

But I don't know. I just think I would have been a great guy. And I'd have loved knowing I didn't have to append to my body for sex. . . . or even wonder if she'd be willing to take it from me. I know a lot of lesbians don't like the idea of being penetrated. :thumbsup: :eusa_naug

...Just a rant, but I'm also curious--Would you ever do strap-on sex or have? How did it feel to be on the receiving/giving end? I'm a considerate person but I'm definitely more of a top-type.

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I get what you're saying. As a transman, I definitely wish to have "my own junk." I don't think I'd be comfortable with a strap-on, as it wouldn't feel as natural (I don't suppose).

Of course I wonder, had I been born with male anatomy, what that'd be like. Honestly I think I'd be such a conceited, narcissistic dick (no pun intended).

3. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (*hug*)Yes, that is definitely a rare perk of being transgender, you tend to be a nicer person, probably just because you become part of a more minority group and meet people who are often downtrodden by the wider world. Which isn't so perky....
    I agree with kodo, I would be really uncomftable with a strap on, just cos it wouldn't feel natural. Then again, even if I did get born with a dick, I would probably still resent the idea of...uh...."plastics":grin: in the bedroom. Even if I REALLY wanted to use a strap on to have that function, I'd probably feel more dysphoric using one than just making do with out. Same thing with masturbation, frustrating but better to just go with out and ignore it...

#3 jaska, Mar 1, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  4. the haunted

I have major penis envy. It makes me angry and sad that I can't have sex with my girlfriend the way that I want to. I want to be able to feel myself inside her, you know? We regularly use a strap-on during sex. I only give penetrative pleasure and never receive it. I really enjoy sex with a strap-on. Even though I'm not physically receiving pleasure with a strap-on, her pleasure turns me on a lot. Being body-to-body in the missionary position is also a very good feeling. Very intimate. It's very easy to get me off after I give with a strap-on lol.

5. Ravienclaw

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I understand where you're coming from. I was born female and I'm okay with that. But in all honestly, I'd be equally fine if I were born male. I don't have enough distress about this anymore to consider transitioning, but I do still have those days where I wish I had a penis, simply because it would make certain aspects of sex more enjoyable, or I'm feeling particularly masculine that day, or just because I feel like it.
    That being said, I wouldn't want to have a penis all the time. My thoughts on gender tend to be fluid but lean more towards feminine actually, and although I've never used one I think a strap on would suit me well enough. Especially considering I am by no means an exclusive top. *Sigh* I just wish I could modify my body the way I want when I want.

6. Delta

My girlfriend and I frequently say that we wish we could have "light switch" genitalia. Like, flip a switch, perfectly functional dick. Flip it back, awesome vagina. If only that were possible.

7. H20

H20

Hello Foxfeather! I have a real quick question for you and then I'll give me input. You say you're a tomboy so I just want to clarify that you're not transgender? (Sorry if it's too personal. Whether you answer it or not is totally up to you). The reason I ask this is because tomboy a boyish girl or butch, or whatever, but I wanted to check with you if you're really just having penis envy or maybe dysphoria?

Yes, there are some lesbians (or female bisexuals with other females) who do experience penis envy for several reasons - curiosity being common. THen again, I hear cisgender straight women say this all the time because of sexism and whatnot.

Anyways, if you're just curious, that's okay. I've talked to a few females who just wish they had a penis sometimes because they think it just might feel better or life would be better or something.

Now for me personally, I am a trans dude and I do experience similar dysphoria on occasion. Although I've had penis envy off and on since maybe 12 years old and didn't think about it much because I thought it was normal to wonder about it, mainly because where I grew up the people often like to ask "If you could have chosen your gender, would you have liked to be the same or opposite gender?" It's supposed to be like a fun quiz, but for me the more I heard it the more I got upset without knowing why.

I am a virgin, but I often think about how much better sex would be if I had a penis and could penetrate, which is illogical since I have no experience. Saying that, if I were ever to be with a girl and she were open to the idea, I wouldn't not at least try a strap on I think. Some people do enjoy it and get off, and for trans men it just makes them feel a little closer to their identity or further away from it. So it just depends upon the person. For me though, I think I would be fine with it, even if I did experience dysphoria, because I'm far more concerned with - whenever I get a partner - pleasuring my partner than receiving my own pleasure. IN the end it just depends on your taste, trial and error, and the willingness to try new things.

8. Delta

Btw, we have a "strapless strapon" and it has a steep learning curve but once you get the hang of it it's really, really awesome.

9. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

Same tbh.

10. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm fine with being the receiver. I've never had strap-on sex, but would try it and wouldn't mind the plastics. It's better than having nothing and realising it too late :grin: But it's just my crazy brain that tells me I have the junk anyway :dry: so no, I have nothing to envy :icon_wink and the plastics would feel very real.

I seem to be coming from the end opposite to most trans guys, and I've come to accept my body as-is early on, I just thought gender dysphoria is normal and combatted it in many unconventional ways *shrugs*. So I'm happy being female, but struggle more with accepting my transgender feelings and finding my identity, because if I'm a guy, I'm quite in touch with my feminine side. Also, my whole life I was thinking of myself as of a girl and it turned out to be out-and-out false. So in the whole sex thing I feel worse with my desires to penetrate existing at all, because they don't fit my lifelong slef-image than I feel about not having the junk.

I don't know what I'd be like if I was born male physically, and I think it's a nonsense question to ask, because there is no other me. Being female and trying to fit the girl mold didn't save me from acting tougher than I am and didn't teach me giggling either (I just don't get giggling). It's just who I am, it's all very logical from my point of view... Just like dysphoria was very logical from my point of view. (And BTW, it took the form of "guys have the easier end of things to do... I wish I could have been born one... it'd suit me more..." And by the way, everyone thinks I'm just a tomboy :icon_bigg I love that niche (!))

#10 Mihael, Mar 2, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  11. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Apparently strapless strapons aren't really effective. Apparently they fall out easily due to wetness if you know what I mean. Also, only about 5% of people can use the, because even with inner thigh training, it still falls out. A strap on will stay in place. Some people can use it by keeping their legs closed and stuff. I just did some research on it, so... I have never had sex and am not into woman, so I would have no use for this item.

12. SHACH

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Yeah, I don't think I would've had a problem being a dude. Recently I've been embracing what I like about being a girl, sure, but tbh for most of my life it has seemed either insignificant, annoying or just not quite fitting. I wouldn't feel the need to transition, but I think I'd be a perfectly good guy. Really young me was pretty much convincing myself and everyone around me that I was anyway. Older me walks the line between in terms of behaviour (really... people have told me my personality is "androgynous", which I felt was just an appearance thing until then...), and over the feminine side in terms of appearance. I'd like a slightly less girly appearance tbh, but I've only just started realising thats okay since I switched to a nicer school haha, so my wardrobe does not reflect. I don't wish I had a penis though. Sometimes I wish I was less curvy, then I could go a little more androgynous in appearance. If I was a guy I'd probs be really geeky. Tbh that might have worked out better as a guy... Geeky guys stick together haha.

13. twogendersonly

It's okay to be envious of penises, they are pretty great to have but I'm also envious of those voluptuous breasts some women have. It's similar to being envious of any body features that anyone has. I'd just try a strap on and to me it just sounds like you're a lesbian so I'd own that and be the best damn lesbian you can be. Make guys envy your abilities and run the show girl.

14. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I guess I'm genderqueer for sure, but I don't know about being transgender. I'm really confused. I mean, if I were a guy, I'd be 100% straight, you know? I probably even wouldn't consider bisexuality. Somehow it's different since I'm born a girl. I used to be 100% straight, but something changed along the way and I know it sounds strange but it's true for me. Scientists haven't gotten it figured out yet, too.

I think I would have loved to have been born as a man. I'd fit right into it perfectly and I'd do all the things i wanted to do. But I'm a great girl, too. I'm one of the sweet ones who like hugs and I like touching and being touched--not in a sexual sense. I'm just in touch with both my nurturing and tougher side, but I'd rather be a man even if I don't act like a man or feel like a man. I don' know what you'd call that. I really, really do wish I had been born a man. But I don't necessarily always feel like one or act like one.

---------- Post added 17th Mar 2016 at 09:47 PM ----------

Aww thanks. Boobs sag over time, though, you know? And bras! So uncomfortable! So you and I should consider our small chests a blessing if anything. I have barely anything and it's great for me <3

15. Mr Spock

Shout out to my fellow virgin! :wink:

When I have penis envy, it really doesn't have much to do with sex. I'd love to pee standing up or in a cup or in the bushes on the side of the road without totally stripping and/or making a mess while doing it.

I'm a transguy, but I'm pretty sure I'm gay or pansexual because I like guys, like them so much I had to be one. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: So unless hormones end up changing my orientation I will probably end up being the one penetrated, and the idea doesn't actually bother me that much. All of my dysphoria is in my face and chest and hips. To me sex is exciting no matter who's "doing" who.

16. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wow, Spock--that sounds like a really unique perspective. Don't think I've heard that before. I'm opposite. All my dysphoria is between my legs. Maybe on my chest, not so much because I have breasts but because I hate bras.

I don't think I'd mind dating a really awesome guy but. . . there's a huge power struggle for me involved. I need to not only be on top, but I need to be in complete control and to know I'm pleasing my partner. And I'd rather be pleasing a woman than a man, I don't know why. I hate categorizing women as submissive in bed, but that's what I want beneath me. I don't want to hurt her, I want to know she wants me in a way that straight women want a man.