1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is full body hair removal too obvious before coming out?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Rain is Love, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Rain is Love

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I would like to start shaving my legs, arms, pits and groin.

After coming back from deployment in 6 months, I plan on saving extra and starting laser hair removal because it's cheap in Okinawa and would be a comforting way to start opening myself up.

I would like to start shaving now though, any tips for shaving legs and groin constantly? I have done it a few times but I have issues with the knees and getting everything and the bumps on the privates are just awful. :icon_redf

Would doing this be too obvious even if they think I'm just gay? Ass holes would always be the 1st to ask, I can easily lie and say I'm straight when people ask if I'm gay/bi, when they don't need to know. But if someone honestly asked if I was trans* I feel like I would say yes, even if I don't like them, if not with words but with pure facial shock.

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really doubt that people's first thought would be that you're trans if you started shaving. Theyre a lot more likely to go in the 'gay' direction so personally I doubt you have to worry about that.

I mean, waxing lasts longer than shaving and it helps with it being less itchy so that might be an option? I don't know much about the crotch area, I've heard that trimming with an electric shaver means it's not itchy but I'm not sure how reliable that is.

If this is what it takes for you to feel a little more comfortable in yourself then I think you should go for it or at the least do your armpits/thighs because people won't see those parts if you're worried about comments.

3. Lazuri

If you feel like you can deal with the pain, you can get an electric epilator. It tears out the hair from the skin and it gives a great result. Painful as fuck, though.

4. Wolfie0001

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These days, 'manscaping' isn't really just a gay thing anymore. After all, we live in the age of the metrosexual man :wink:
    So most people won't make any assumptions just because you are shaving.

Personally, I just shave my groin and chest with a disposable razor when I take my weekly bubble bath. Never used any more permanent methods or shaved my legs, so I have no experience with that.

5. Chef

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    same do legs and groin and armpits with a razor lots cheaper than the other

6. Jellal

What I've learned is that for better or for worse, shaving has pretty much no bearing on people seeing you as less of a man.

7. cakepiecookie

I don't think anyone would suspect you were trans based on that alone. Gay comments are slightly more likely if you live in a very macho area, but even then, they're pretty easy to brush off. There are straight guys who wax/shave as well.

8. Jiramanau

Out Status:
    Some people
    I never had anyone comment. I do well with a women's electric shaver, fast and less bumps. If anyone asks just tell you sweat less when u shave.