1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Word vomit of my last 5 years of feelings.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by BelaLugosi, Mar 3, 2016.

1. BelaLugosi

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Since I was about 14 (I’m 23 now) I’ve had this underlying discomfort with my sex, and a desire to have a male body. It’s usually manageable since my desire to be perceived as male socially is not as strong, and I am terrified about make the wrong decision or making it worse, so I haven’t done much besides research heavily. I can go months sometimes without feeling bad at all, but eventually I will just break down (which has prompted me to write here). I worry, because as I am starting to long for more intimate relationships, I feel particularly uncomfortable with being perceived attractive as female. Most of my sexual fantasies involves me having a male body and I am freaked out about being penetrated. This makes relationships with men difficult for me to feel comfortable with because of societal expectations. And with women, while I can usually avoid the expectation of penetration, I still struggle with the being perceived attractive as female thing and don’t fully enjoy a lot of attention to my female body.

I feel as if I should be taking some sort of action to solve this (at least just talking to a professional), but I am often paralyzed by fear. I scared of talking to someone in person. I worry about being wrong, about never being able to actually be satisfied, or having a convincing male body. It seems like a lot of work for something that might not work or meet expectations, especially when recently I have times when I feel like I could be okay (objectively I know I have an attractive body, so that sometimes helps convince myself that I’m fine). I hate these times too though, because I then feel that it was a phase that is over, and now I can move on and fully embrace being female, but eventually the feelings come back all at once. I sort of liked it better when it was more constant, but not as strong and in the background (I certainly didn’t cry as much then). I’m sort of worried that either way, I’ll be alone forever.

Anyway, this is mostly just a rant after crying this out for the last half an hour, and the first time I’ve really written my feelings all out, so I’m hoping it’ll help me do something.

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    (*hug*)

Therapy isn't dangerous. Trust me, the fear of finally getting down to it and contact a professional is much, much worse than talking is. Plus that talking helps, a lot.
    This isn't something you should just ignore. I mean, why would you think so much about it if not for a reason? That reason is quite likely that you're trans, or it might be something else. You do sound like me in reverse a bit.

You don't have to live alone in fear! Face your fear head-on, and don't be afraid to reach out when you need advice or just need to talk or vent.

All the best. xx

3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Crying out and writing, getting the feelings out is a good thing :hugs:

When it smacked me a month or two ago, the feeling was so intense that I couldn't even cry. My brain-plugs burnt down and I was passively observing my body react with lots of somatic symptoms... So you're definitely not alone in it.

Let me tell you something. Once you take those feelings in (I refused to do it for years) and let them flow, you can become free. It slowly goes away if you let it flow, and I must tell that afterwards I feel much better than ever before, I feel like a whole person again for the first time since I was a child, I feel more alive, more human, a lot has suddenly improved.

If you feel like you need help of a therapist, that's obviously what they do - help people when they need it. I went through this on my own, but I'm a tough guy :wink: