1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-transition tattoo survey

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jiramanau, Mar 4, 2016.

1. Jiramanau

Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was 16-18 I got several tattoos in order to project the masculine identity I was trying to accept, and now I have big heap buyers remorse. Lots of black, some religious symbols that no longer apply...its not pretty. As a broke trans girl I can't afford laser. Right now I'm trying TCA chemical peels, the results are good but not great. Still, it beats the dysphoria of wearing the symbols of my old identity.

So has anyone been in a similar situation? Have you dealt with it? If so, how?

2. Mr Spock

I think it really depends on what the tattoos mean to you. If you feel like they still apply, then by all means keep them, and if they don't then either get them covered over or removed. I am not in this situation myself, but I'm sure if you looked it up on the internet you might be able to find some help. Good luck :slight_smile:

3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, that's why I'm waiting until I'm 21 to get any tattoos. If I still want the ones I want now, it'll be a good indicator for the whole regret aspect.