1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do I do?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by WyldStyle, Mar 9, 2016.

1. WyldStyle

I'm a guy, who's mostly happy with my gender. I'm not one for gender norms and don't conform to them. I like doing a bit of crossdressing, wearing things that aren't socially considered part of my gender. I don't do it for attention, or to make a statement, I just do it because it makes me happy. But I am nervous of what others think which holds me back. I don't want to make myself the center of attention. I have parts of my life where I need to be professional and don't mind conforming for, and I'm in a heterosexual relationship I'm very happy with, but have never really been able to bring up/ felt confidently supported by my significant other about my non-conformity. I don't want to risk damaging or losing my relationship, but at the same time I have a growing urge to get more feminine attire and wear it around more. What do I do? I don't have the confidence to bring this topic up, but at the same time I don't like being confined to my own home for my crossdressing habits....

2. Secrets5

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You could start by wearing clothing that's from the female side of the clothing store but that you think would look good on a conformist male as well if it was on the male side of the store. Or you could just walk in one day with what you decided to wear and just sit down and start a conversation or something other that you'd normally do. That way if anybody does draw attention, then it'll be them, not you.

#2 Secrets5, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  3. ConfusedBrit

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Your situation actually sounds identical to mine which is really reassuring - I'd encourage you to not be limited by what others think (or rather, what you think others think) and just to explore what makes you happy - as my girlfriend says to me, the people who mind don't matter and the people that matter don't mind :slight_smile:

4. WyldStyle

Thanks friends.

I can safely say that I'm beyond starting off small. I've gone to school in skirts before, letting the public see how gosh darn pretty I am. It's kinda just a matter of motivating myself to get the courage to do it again. I'm hoping to go clothes shopping again in the near future, add to my wardrobe of "feminine" apparel

5. ConfusedBrit

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    That's great to hear that you've got the confidence to do that, hope I can find that some day too :slight_smile: