1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm Curious

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Asdever, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Asdever

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey.

The past year Iv'e been thinking alot about how it would be the opposite sex. Sometimes I just wish it would magicially happend so that I would have to live with it.

Since my close female friends like to do my makeup it happends from time to time. And the most recent time I felt extremely confident while I was in makeup, I loved the look. I have always seen myself as a cis-male, mostly straight. So it was kind of weird feeling that way.

So I was looking up different sexual-orientations and stumbled upon a list. Where I found the word "Bicurious" which I thought had a similar description of what I felt but with gender.

So ultimatley my question is if there's anything called "gendercurious" or something like that. A term for someone who have a curiosity about being the other gender?

This is the first time iv'e actually thought this through, I usually just put those thoughts to the side telling my self that they are unrealistic. So I really don't know what I'm thinking about.

2. AlexTheGrey

I've been there. For me, it was gender-bending comics triggering it, but the desire for something to magic me into the opposite sex is definitely something I have felt.

The curiosity is normal. At least on this forum, the label tends to be "Questioning", but I probably wouldn't put too much weight on a label, to be honest. It can be a starting point for a discussion with yourself (or others), but it oversimplifies everyone's unique journey, really.

And I will say, makeup on a man isn't a bad thing either. David Bowie has pushed various androgynous looks that way. In the US, there's the 'metrosexual' label (Japan calls them 'herbivores') and many men in this group are experimenting with makeup as well.

I'd say it's more important to focus on the why you do it, not the fact that you do it. And it is just as important how you feel as well.

I keep posting some version of this question, and I still don't know how helpful it is, but I guess I'll do it anyways: I approach you and offer you two pills. One pill will switch your sex, irreversibly. Not only that, but nobody will ever know about the change, and will have always known you as your new sex. The other one will erase your discomfort and let you live however you want, as your current sex. You won't doubt yourself when it comes to things like makeup, or other typically feminine things. You'll be free to try whatever you want, and nobody will ever think of you as unmanly for doing so.

Which pill do you take? Why? What emotions drive you to take that pill?

3. Asdever

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I think I would take the first pill that changes my sex forever. Since that is literally a scenario iv'e made up in my head so many times.

I don't know why, it's just really tempting.