1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calling yourself gay/lesbian/straight

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Matto_Corvo, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So recently me and my mom were watching a show and she pointed at a guy and said "He is cute. Do you wish you could date him?"
    And my immediate response was to say "Maybe if he was gay." Since I see myself as a gay man. But she seemed confused for a second and I didn't feel like reminding her that I am trans.

But I wonder if anyone has ever had a similar response.
    I mean while questioning and in the earliest part of accepting myself I would always say I am straight. But the more I accept myself the more I feel it awkward to be seen as straight when I'm a gay guy.

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh definitely, you're not straight at all. Even before completely coming to terms with myself I didn't consider myself 'straight'. I prefer the term androphilic to gay because it's a sexuality that is completely removed from the persons gender and only implies the kind of person you're attracted to. I assume that I'd get the same response if I told people I was gay (or they'd just assume I meant lesbian - people get confused with sexuality regarding trans people, it gets old quick).

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All the time.

If it's a guy I fancy, it is usually a disappointing thought to realize that they probably have an incompatible sexuality to my own. Nevertheless, my attention is usually peaked if I learn that a fellow is gay.

While I am still questioning my sexuality, I know I'm attracted to men. Even before I realized I was trans, before puberty, heck before I even knew what sex was, I had the notion that "I'm just a gay guy trapped in a girl's body." And how true that was, even at age 12.

4. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't really fit into any one category when it comes to sexuality. I guess I'd be considered mostly straight, but honestly at this point straight seems such a foreign term to me. :lol:
    I like girls and non binary people, so queer feels much more a fitting label than either straight, bi, or pan.

5. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel the exact same way, thinking that I was a gay MAN in a woman's body. I have always been attracted to men, and I feel more attracted when I imagine myself as a guy with another guy.

Though, recently it's strange. Since I RP online all the time and I'm always the male whether for gay or straight stories. And since then I have been imagining myself as the male characters, but with the girls. Which is really weird, since I have no discernible attraction to a woman whatsoever. But I imagine that I'm acting out as, lets set an example, Donatello from TMNT. And I'm romancing April, and I feel something. Not arousal per say but still. It feels nice to be acting as the guy.

Am I going nuts or have I just been role playing online too much?

6. lnamae

lnamae Guest

I'm not sure where I fall on the gender spectrum, but I have thoughts like this too. I wouldn't date a guy unless he was at least bi or 'heteroflixible' and even then only if they were accepting of who I am as a person.

A relationship otherwise feels like a huge lie, and really wrong. But it also... makes it hard.

#6 lnamae, Mar 13, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2016