1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really Confused...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Ari1245, Mar 12, 2016.

1. Ari1245

:help:I'm trying to confirm to myself which gender identity I fit in, but I seem to fall in between. I am way more comfortable in masculine and baggy clothing than in tight and feminine clothing. Yet, I see having a gender has no relevance to who you are. I don't know if I'm agender, non-binary, or transgender. I have dyshoria with my body, really hating and loathing playing the female card in life. But I do have stereotyped feminine moments, such as staying in the back, not wanting to get hit with the ball in gym class (I'm 13, just to say) I want to accept and understand myself, but everything seems really confusing and stressing trying to find an answer... :icon_ques :help:

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, welcome to EC! :slight_smile:
    Keep in mind that gender identity isn't based solely on clothing choices or stereotypes. How do you feel about your body? Do you experience any dysphoria (discontent with your birth gender) either physically or socially?

3. Ari1245

I know. I do, I really despise being associated as a female both physically and socially.

4. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you're probably not cis. Keep in mind that clothing doesn't have any bearing on gender, nor does being stereotypically masculine/feminine. A couple questions to get you thinking about what your gender might be:

What makes you think you might be a trans guy?
    What makes you think you might be agender?
    What makes you think you might be nonbinary?
    Are you uncomfortable being called "she"? What pronouns do you think would feel best?
    What parts of your body are you uncomfortable with? What body parts would you prefer?
    When new people meet you, would you want them to assume you were a guy, a girl, or so androgynous they couldn't tell?