1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Female" drag queens?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by misplacedaegyo, Mar 13, 2016.

1. misplacedaegyo

Well, even if I identify as being genderqueer, I'm of the female sex, and I think a lot of people think I look "female", but yeah. I hope you'll understand

I've gotten very into drag lately, and I just feel at peace when reading about drag culture, watching videos and all that, and I've watched all episodes of rpdr + I'm getting to know more and more other drag queens, and I'm just
    amazed

I'm a singer, and I have a very big personality. People say I'm one of the funniest people they've ever met, and I often make people cry-laugh while just doing "my thing". I love performing and acting, and I'll join some kind of drama club when I get the time, I love fashion, beauty, makeup (be it extreme and flashy or simple and elegant, I just love it), and then of course, comedy, and I'm also a big sucker for everything culture, so drag is just the ultimate thing for me. It's like a gift from the gods.

And now I have this "wet" dream of becoming a drag queen myself when I get old enough. I want to perform and make people laugh and smile and feel warm but also "what?? What did they do??" and I want to work hard and have fun while doing it. Like seriously, I can see it, and it's just soso nice to think about. I've even made up a character for myself already, haha. Or two...

But what do people think about """""female"""" queens or bio queens in general? I'm not really a part of the lgbtqa+ community-community yet though I've been out both regarding sex and gender for quite a while, so I really don't know what people think about these things?? And if any of you are/have been a part of the drag community, could you give me some advice here? thanks in advance!

2. Uncolored

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I could be wrong but I have never heard of biologically female drag before. I went to a drag queen show last night. I don't want to crush your dreams and say it isn't possible because there is probably something out there.
    I know that this wasn't the news that you hoped to hear (and hopefully someone else will comment who has better insight than I do). Have you ever looked into drag kings? Drag kings are just as awesome and just as good as drag queens. I have been contemplating becoming a drag king myself.
    Doesn't Copenhagen have a really big LGBTQ+ scene? You will probably be able to find something.
    Also, if you are 14 you have PLENTY of time to think about this!
    Håber det hjælper !

3. misplacedaegyo

It's also quite new for me, but apparently bio queens are a thing! And I know that a few of my favourite queens have worked together with some female queens too.

And yeah, I did, and they're totally cool, but I just don't get the same "this feels right"-feeling from them, and I just relate a lot more to drag queens. I honestly feel like a female impersonater trapped in a female body, haha

I'm quite sure it is, a lot of my (older) friends go to lgbtqa+ events every once in a while, and I even see adds for drag shows when I'm walking through Copenhagen, so I'm sure I'll find something! I just don't know where to start, lol

It did! Thanks for replying :slight_smile:

4. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
  5. misplacedaegyo

Thanks for the link though ive already it! I use the term bio queen instead as faux kinda indicates that they aren't "real" queens. ~