1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some encouragement

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by penelope, Mar 14, 2016.

1. penelope

Not completely sure whether this is a right forum for this but...

So. I have wanted to cut my hair short for a several years now. I also need glasses and I've refused to get them because they wouldn't go with my current hair (my bangs are quite long and they would have to be behind the glasses or in front of them and just no) and I talked about cutting my hair short and getting glasses to go with that hair style and now I have about two weeks to get that done so I can get glasses for much cheaper BUT IT'S TOO SOON AND WHAT IF I'LL HATE IT AND I'M SCARED*AND*I*REALLY*WANT*TO*DO*IT*BUT*CAN*I*MAKE*SUCH*A*HUGE*CHANGE*IN*THAT*SHORT*TIME*I*DON'T*KNOW*WHAT*TO*DO also I really want to donate my hair but I don't know if any hair dresser will agree to it and if my hair's even gonna be long enough to donate and have something left for the hairdresser to deal with and BLAAAAH.

I'm going banana's over this (!)

2. ConfusedBrit

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think you've got plenty of time to make that change, it does have to happen at some point so I'd say that if you want to then go for it! If you don't like it then your hair will grow back after a bit and there won't be a problem - also I think donating your hair is a really nice and thoughtful thing to do and you should be able to find a hairdresser to do that for you if you look hard enough - hope this helped you :slight_smile:

3. Delta

Hair grows back, there's not much risk here. :slight_smile: Do it now and get glasses that look good with your face more than your hair, and you'll be just fine. On one hand you may not like it, but on the other, you might like it a lot!

If your hair's not long enough to donate, that's too bad, but there are more chances for that. You have many, many more hair-growing years ahead of you, fret not.

It's a big change, yes. But I was apprehensive and scared too and now that it's so short I like my hair more than ever, so go get it all chopped off!:wave::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride:

#3 Delta, Mar 15, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
  4. penelope

I DID IT!!! It's really weird but in a good way! I like it! And it's so easy to handle omg. Thank you so much! I'm so excited!! :grin: <3

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That's awesome! It does take a long time to get used to shorter hair. It is nice that it takes considerably less time to handle though.