1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone on here use gender-neutral pronouns?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nike007, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Like, not he or she, or even they or it. More like the ones considered "different". I am thinking like Ne, Xe, Ze, Ve. The ones that were invented. I am currently liking Ze. The ze and zir version. I'm unsure if I want to be called an inventive one because it's going to be hard for others to remember. I want to be called the thing like at least 75% of the time correct. I mean, by people who don't actually know me it's okay, but for people who do, 75% of it wrong seems reasonable. I don't get other people's pronouns wrong that I'm aware of. But I don't know any non-binary people, so I can't say for sure. But then again, maybe I'm hard on others... Anyways, I mean does anyone use an inventive pronoun? Thanks.

2. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I considered xe, but in the end I just connected better with they. I don't know anyone personally who uses pronouns like that, but I think you should go with whatever pronouns feel the most comfortable to you, even if they seem out of the ordinary. It is your identity after all~

3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All of my non binary friends use they, but I also think you should use what makes you feel comfortable. It's your gender and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. :slight_smile:

4. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've seen other people online use those pronouns but I've also seen that s lot of them say that they/them is okay too, as a backup I suppose.
    I was going to use ne/nem/nir but decided that he/him would be more likely to be used. I'd use whatever pronouns someone wanted but most people would probably find ze difficult to use - especially at the start - and some could just point blank refuse to use them as they're different. That said, if you want to use ze, then use ze.

5. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for your responses. I guess for many people, gender neutral pronouns other than they and it are hard for people to remember or confusing. I will stick to she/her for now. I feel fine using it so.

6. DemiLiHue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I use Ne/Ey neopronouns
    He they too, but not neopronouns though

7. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know one person who uses ze/zir, and I considered it when I was sorting myself out, but decided against it as I have a difficult time remembering them, and didn't want to make it both harder on my loved ones to remember, and on me when they got them wrong.

8. EnchanterForest

Guilty but I only use they/them pronouns because otherwise I would have to try and educate everyone around me.

9. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My partner uses they/them pronouns. They considered using other pronouns, but they did not want to make it harder on the people around them since people are not used to those pronouns.

10. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think I will use she/her. It's the best thing we have for me. I prefer if people just say my name and no pronouns though. I don't like they/them or he/him. Well, I'm okay with he/him, but if someone calls me a man or sir, I'm offended. She/her is eh. Not preferable. I wish people wouldn't be confused about other pronouns.

11. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm fine with they/them, and I thought about ze/hir pronouns early on...but it didn't feel right for me.

12. Ghostling

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No pronouns is a totally valid option Nike! Like, genuinely you'd have an easier time with that than trying to get everyone you know to learn new words. It sucks that we have to do shit like that, one person shouldn't need to be the entire education system for everyone on the face of the planet but. But the cool thing is, if you're confident enough to use 'nontraditional' pronouns, then you get to be a source of learning for tons of people!

13. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello. In my culture, everyone uses pronouns often. It's hard to get rid of pronouns. I don't like pronouns that much. I wish my culture would get rid of them.

I don't think I will be using non-traditional ones now because after research and trying them on me personally, none of them worked. So I just want people to say Niko/Niko's.