1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binder sometimes triggering dysphoria?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lnamae, Mar 14, 2016.

1. lnamae

lnamae Guest

When I don't bind, I'm not very conscious of my chest. Unless I'm shirtless and look down or in the mirror. But when I do bind, I feel my chest constantly being pushed against the material reminding me that it is *there... that my chest is not flat. I've tried different styles of sports bras, pullover bras, good quality binders, and home made binders, but they all feel the same in that way...

Does anyone else feel the same way? I like to have a flat chest, but the feeling of being reminded that I have a chest pressing against something can be very uncomfortable and sometimes triggers dysphoria more than just like, wearing a baggy shirt and nothing. :confused:

2. Delta

I've experienced this, I feel your pain. It's like, the fact that you have to take countermeasures in order to have a flat chest is disruptive to your sense of self. I personally start feeling fake, like none of the things I do with my presentation actually matter to anyone and I'll always be perceived and treated as a girl. But that's the pattern my dysphoria takes a lot of the time.

In any case, it really sucks. And you're not alone.

3. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have the exact same problem and unfortunately have no advice for you. (*hug*)

4. lnamae

lnamae Guest

Yeah, this exactly. I'm not sure what to do about it, because I do feel more comfortable in the way that it makes me look, just the feeling... and I'm not too fussed at all on getting surgery :confused: As much as I don't like my chest, it's sort of me... but not. *shrug*

And that's okay Paris, knowing someone can relate is nice enough when everything feels so confusing (*hug*) Thanks!!