1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School Play: AHHHHHHHHH

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Pumpion, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Pumpion

Since i go to a Catholic school, every year before Easter holidays they do 'Stations of the Cross', which is obviously a very important tradition in the Catholic church. And this year, I'm in it :grin:
    But I'm not playing one of the women, I get to play Pontius Pilate, who is obviously very important, but also a very masculine character. Now, I'm not out as non-binary at school yet for personal protection reasons, but even though they could have gotten a guy to play a guy, they chose me.
    Idk, i just find it awesome that my school may be more progressive than I thought (I know not to take this as the only sign though), but I'm not feeling as much dysphoria* about my role as if I were to play a role that matched up with what would be normally socially accepted, which would possibly be a woman.
    *Dysphoria is the only word I can come up with to describe it.

2. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats for you! I've always thought it would be stellar to have a male role in a play, personally. So I can see how that would be thrilling - bend those gender expectations a bit, yeah?

3. AgenderMoose

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ahhh!!! That's so awesome!! I'm happy for you!! Have fun with the play!!