1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dysphoria Survival Strategy

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jaska, Mar 16, 2016.

1. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I thought it would be a good idea to have a thread where people can post any ideas they have about dealing with dysphoria since it is such a difficult thing to find strategies for and cope with. So now there can be a specific thread for all the dysphoria coping tips anyone can think of :icon_bigg

first tip 1. Draw a picture of how you are going to style your hair in the future/what clothes you are going to wear----don't dwell on the negative things in the present, plan and look forward to the future :thumbsup:

2. lnamae

lnamae Guest

Although I don't have any tips yet sorry, definitely following this thread :icon_bigg

3. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For the boys:

>Workout more often. Believe me, that extra musculature really gives an emotional boost.

>Find pictures of guys you want to look like. This gives me hope that, perhaps one day, I shall look as beautiful as Aaron Taylor Johnson so long as I never give up. It's inspiring. Make a list of 'em. Note all the aspects of their appearances that you like and try incorporating some in your own life.

>Binding, even if only with sports bra, is very good.

-------------------------

>Get clothes which make you comfortable and feel good about yourself. Even if you're currently not out, pick something androgynous or leaning toward your preference.

>Along the "clothes line," purchase underwear that you like. Nobody will see it (probably) and it relieves dysphoria by a mile.

>Hair makes a difference. Try to style or cut your hair in a way which is consistent with your gender identity.

>Find inspiring songs that remind you of your identity or give you courage and make a playlist to go to when down.

#3 Kodo, Mar 16, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  4. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I always found distraction to be a good method. If I was thinking about something else, then I would not be thinking about my body. So, I would work on schoolwork, play video games, or sometimes even go into work and get some hours in.

It so depends on how bad it is as well. If it is a really bad day, then I will end up staying home as much as possible and just do stuff in the computer all day. It can be frustrating, but not much else works for me. I thankfully don't have it very strongly now, so this was more of a problem in the past for me.

5. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Music, and keep busy.
    Sports.
    Sleep, tons of sleep.