1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feeling confused about gender

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nike007, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello everyone. So today I was thinking about my gender more because a lot of people on here experience dysphoria about their body. I have never experienced dysphoria. I sometimes wonder what it would be like with men's part, but other then that, I don't have any. If I was born a man instead or everything about me was a man tomorrow, I wouldn't care. Thinking of that though, I wonder if I would have some female in me. I know there isn't two genders, but I wonder about it. I don't care that I have big breast. I don't care what size they should be.

How I look though. I have hated looking female. I have always looked like a tomboy and wish I could dress male. Now that I got my hair cut androgynous, I look more masculine. The past few years I've been buying men's clothes or unisex clothes and I feel good in it. I hate skirts and dresses. Makeup I can't stand. I like people touching my hair because it feels nice. I shave my armpits but not my legs anymore because I don't care. The only reason about my armpits because my deodorant won't work with a lot of hair there so...

In my mind, I know I am like 90% male. My personality and interest most of the time lead up to male. I wish people wouldn't think of me much as a female. When I'm called a girl I cringe. I tell myself I'm not a girl. I'm okay with woman. But I can't stand boy or man either. I'm so confused about my mind. I know I want people to call me Niko so badly. I'm scared to tell people. I'm afraid of being judged for it, especially since I have social anxiety disorder.

I feel androgyne is my gender, but the things around me make my gender more confusing than it already is. I don't know how I feel. Man and woman aren't me, I know that. How did others know "that's my gender" for sure? Did they doubt themselves? I am confused of mainly the body issue of no dysphoria. I don't care about my body and how it looks in terms of parts. I wish I didn't have as much fat and more muscle, but that's not dysphoria. I'm really confused that's all. Thanks for reading this :icon_bigg.