1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binders: half or tank?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by DreamerBoy17, Mar 19, 2016.

1. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The only binder I currently have is a half binder from GC2B, and I like it a lot. However, it's getting a little old and gross so my mom is probably buying me another one soon. So, should I get another half binder, or a full tank one? Summer is coming up, and I don't want to suffocate or deal with "rolling up". Also I have small B cup moobs if that makes any difference.

What are your opinions?

2. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a chubby guy, and I prefer full length binders. I don't have an issue with them rolling up, and I just tuck out into my pants if I am.

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've got an underworks and gc2b half binder/tri-trip and I've used a gc2b full binder. Personally the underworks tri-top is my favourite because it doesn't roll up at all and I find it way more comfortable than gc2b. The full binder was alright but you're constantly having to tuck it into your trousers and its another layer that you're wearing during summer.

If you're sticking with gc2b I don't think there's a massive difference. Its easier to pull it down and keep it in place if you got a full binder because I found the gc2b half was constantly rising.

#3 Aberrance, Mar 19, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  4. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I personally like half-binders.
    The first one I bought was a full length one from Underworks, but I had the problem with it rolling up even when I would tuck it in.
    I love the gc2b half-binder, and I never had any problems with it and I found it more comfortable than the Underworks binder. Though I do think Underworks seems to make more durable binders, I find gc2b makes more comfortable binders in my opinion.

5. demigodjay

I think you should get a half, depending on your weight. Bigger guys tend to like the tank better, but if you're small and summers coming up I would suggest half.

6. lnamae

lnamae Guest

Like others have said, the full length ones tend to roll up a lot (this gets so annoying) and really hot in summer. I'd probably get another half, all in all they're just more comfortable. I'm size B too, and I used to use a binder but these days I just bind with a sports bra, and if I'm wearing a guys shirt you really cant tell. Much more comfortable, imo. But yeah, out of the two I recommend half :thumbsup:

7. Delta

I far prefer half binders. I'm also not large chested and I hate overheating, plus I feel like tank binders make wearing clothes more difficult and cumbersome.

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I also prefer half binders. They are just cooler in the summer. I also work in sports video production, so I need as few layers as possible (except in winter, but that is another story).

9. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've got one of each (Underworks full-tank and a 'no name' half). I don't wear the full tank in the summer because it gets too hot and I feel really constricted around my middle/stomache.

10. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks everyone! I think I'm going to stick with another half then because I'm somewhat small and I don't like extra layers either. :slight_smile: