1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing with body dysphoria and curves

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FrereApothicair, Mar 19, 2016.

1. FrereApothicair

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is mostly venting, but I'm finding my hip- and butt- and chest-related dysphoria has been increasingly awful lately. I don't know why, and I don't know how to manage it, other than to decrease calorie intake and increase binding and exercise and hope it helps. It's been feeling far less manageable lately, which is making my work life much more stressful (I present as female at work--it's an internship, and I don't want to come out until I've got the full time position in the bag, just in case), and which is making me miserable and exhausted all the time. I look in the mirror and I feel gross and wrong and it's WAY worse than it's ever been before. :icon_sad: Any advice? Commiserations? Explanations?

2. Lee15

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this, it sounds like you're in a really similar situation to me. I started working out recently when my dysphoria got a lot worse and I haven't seen many results yet, but it at least helped me to feel like I had more control over my body, especially since I'm still in the closet and can't bind at all. I also moved my full-length mirror out of my bedroom so I wasn't reminded of my dysphoria quite so often. If you're going to bind more, try not to bind for too long, stay safe man! Sorry I couldn't be more help, I hope things get better for you soon!

3. demigodjay

I'm young, don't know much about this, nor about a job on the line, but I have a full length mirror in my room, and sometimes it increases dysphoria, but mostly it makes me feel better to be dressed completely up in men's clothes. Idk if this helped.

4. FrereApothicair

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I can tell that working out and dressing "en homme" is helpful--but I can't do that all the time, and it SUCKS. I just don't know why it's so much worse NOW, when it's usually at least bearable. Getting rid of the mirror is a good tip!