1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just confused

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by geeki, Mar 19, 2016.

1. geeki

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have no dysphoria in my body and I'm perfectly happy as 'female' but being feminine has always been just not me. Once, when I had my hair cut short (very short) I was misgendered at a HUGE theatre show and, strangely enough, I liked it. I liked being called a guy when i was a girl. In addition, I hate to wear 'female clothes' like dresses and skirts. At the moment, I've been having a certain pull towards the idea of wearing a bow tie to a concert that I am performing in (I'm a flute player). As well as all of this, I'm scared to tell anyone because, with my dreams of being in the public eye, I feel like people won't take me seriously if I dress like a guy. Sometimes though I feel really happy about being able to wear feminine clothing other times the idea disgusts me.

If anyone has any advice...:bang:

2. Mr Spock

Plenty of non-binary people are in the public eye. Look at Ruby Rose.

Just do what makes you happy and if anyone asks you why you do certain things, explain that it makes you happy.