1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Binder question!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by JackIsANerd, Mar 23, 2016.

1. JackIsANerd

So I got my binder today and put it on and I felt amazing!! :grin: I wore it for about 10 minutes and then took it off, the thing is my chest is kind of sore just a little. I was wondering if that was maybe normal for a first time binder? I went with the correct size and all just wanted to ask about it!

2. randomconnorcon

I imagine it can do; everyone's body reacts differently to new things. Since it's only day one, I wouldn't worry too much. But if it continues, consider seeing a someone.

Yay for new binders, though. Mine came today as well. :slight_smile:

3. JackIsANerd

That is awesome you got one too! :grin: congrats yeah I think ill just wear it for a few days and see how my body reacts

4. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah it definitely is, especially before you've washed it a couple times to soften it up. They suggest that you try to break it in by wearing it for shorter amounts of times for a couple days. So maybe put it on for an hour when you get home from school, don't do a full 10 hour day with it on when it's still incredibly tight. If it still hurts a lot, wash it and see if that helps.

#4 Aberrance, Mar 23, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  5. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my goodness congratulations! I'm so happy for you!
    Yeah, your body is getting used to something new, after all. Like others said, after you wash it it shouldn't be as bad.