1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gc2b sizing?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Tardis221B, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Tardis221B

So I'm looking to order a half binder from gc2b, right now I have the underworks Tritop in small. It binds okay, but I have a really small chest (34A) so it mostly just ends up hurting my back more than it flattens me. For gc2b, I'm not sure if I should order an XXS or an XS. (im in 29-30" on their measurements, with 17" shoulder breadth)

Does anyone have experience with gc2b?

2. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I tried the XXS and then the XS... and ended up with a small from GC2B (thank god for their return policy). I'm also a small underworks tri-top although it fits me pretty well. Definitely go for the bigger size. My shoulders are also around 17 inches and I have a small chest too... we seem to have practically all the same measurements so honestly I'd go for a small if I were you. I couldn't get the XS over my shoulders and the small compresses me really well.

Also, bear in mind the seams on gc2b are a lot more fragile than underworks because they're stitched so as I was trying to force the XS on I ended up ripping out a load of stitches and was unable to return it.

#2 Aberrance, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016
  3. Tardis221B

Thanks, yeah I think I'm going to go for the XS first then order up, I'm still within the range of the XS sizing even with a sports bra, shirt, and hoodie on. I'm very slim too (5'5" (aka 1.65 m) and 110lbs (aka 50kg) )

And thanks for the seam tip, I'll be sure not to force it if it doesnt fit

4. demigodjay

It's probably too late but I thought that I should've gotten a XS because my chest is 31", but I got a S and it worked a lot better, the first day I wore it for 10 hrs and I forgot about it. I would suggest size up.

5. Delta

I'm a 34 B. I got the XS and couldn't get into it without damaging it, but the S was just right. My chest measurement was right at 32, so I was on the XS-S Cusp, but my shoulders were 18 inches wide, so the one with the capability to stretch that extre few inches was necessary. Still gets me flatter than other binders.

I think if you subtracted 2 from everything that my numbers seem similar to yours, so I'd probably recommend you measure your shoulders and see how wide of a binder you'd need to stretch over them. My Small binder can stretch at least over my shoulders and arms with all the stretching and flailing that I find myself doing trying to get in quickly. I'd put that up to 41 inches or a bit more. So, in my very very very unprofessional estimate, if your shoulders are wider than 16 inches, which I see they are, go with the XS.

#5 Delta, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  6. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If you are on right on the line between 2 sizes, most companies will recommend that you order the larger size.