1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not a real trans

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Things and Such, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Things and Such

Ok so I have had a strong urge to present as male since I was thirteen. I do mostly, my hairs cut short and I wear clothes I want but no binding or anything. My breasts cause me distress and often times I blur my vision in the mirror so I look flat chested.(my mom is on edge about my sexuality so I haven't expresses this to her) I've gone so far as to seriously think about my future and picture myself taking T and having top surgery done. The problem is I don't feel comfortable with male pronouns and wouldn't dream of changing my name so I don't think I'm trans... Any opinions on this?

2. cakepiecookie

Disclaimer: I don't identify as trans, though I'm somewhere on the nonbinary spectrum.

You don't have to identify as trans if you don't feel that that label fits you.* Maybe you're a woman who feels more comfortable in a "masculine" body. Maybe you're genderqueer. Maybe you're trans but need more time to process it. Or maybe there is no label that defines you.

There's no right or wrong way to experience your gender, and it's okay to not fit into the neat little boxes that society makes. Some people might not get it, but at the end of the day you're the one who has to live in your skin. If you're a person who wants to present as male but keep your female pronouns, then that's awesome and you should own it. (&&&)

*Unless you're seeking medical treatment, in which case you might have to tell doctors you're trans...but that's a whole other thread.

3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi

There is no right or wrong ways to be trans. Every trans person is different.

Current I do plan on taking T and having top surgery, but since i'm not comfortable with male pronouns yet I am not actively trying to go by them.

Do whatever makes you comfortable. There is no such thing as not trans enough.

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no right or wrong way to be trans (unless you're being a bully and policing gender roles). Do what makes you happy :slight_smile: