1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to wash chest binders?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Yasha of XMETAS, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had received my first chest binder a few weeks ago, and I was ecstatic to say the least. Wearing it I wept with joy, smiling so much seeing myself look more masculine. But, now comes another question. HOW do I wash this thing? The package didn't come with instructions on how to wash it, whether you need a machine, cold/hot water, hand washing, air drying, etc. It's a velcro one and it's white. So, does anyone happen to have any advice on this please and thank you :slight_smile:

2. ThatOneAlien

You should hand wash it if possible, it'll last longer. I fill my sink with soap and water, put my binder in, and use my hands to scrub the soap into it. I usually let it soak for a bit as well but that's probably not strictly necessary, I'm just lazy lol. Then rinse it out, make sure it's washed well so there's no soap irritating your skin. And I hang it over the shower to dry.

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is pretty much it. Use warm water, not too hot, too.

I know that GC2B and underworks say that machine washing is okay but I haven't risked it - if you want to though put it on a colder setting. Any eBay/cheaper binders would probably get ruined in a machine. Definitely air dry it, don't put it in a dryer cause it's more than likely to shrink it.

4. AaronV

I sometimes put mine in the washing machine if I can't be bothered to wash them by hand. You can put them in one of these nets made out of mesh that are usually for bras so they won't tear. Should be ok up to 40°C.

5. the haunted

I use a gc2b binder and I put a couple inches of warm water in the tub with some laundry detergent. I slosh it around in the soapy water for a few minutes and rinse with warm water. Then yeah, I hang it to dry overnight. It holds a lot of water so put a towel under where you hang it lol.

6. Yasha of XMETAS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thankyou all for the advice ^^ I got mine from T-Kingdom. Anyone got their's from there, and any specific instructions on that?

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I will usually wash mine in a mesh bag in the washing machine. I also sometimes will wash mine while I'm taking a shower. I will wash with soap and water while I am in the shower. The big thing is that you don't want to use warm water, and you don't want to put it in the dryer. Those will make the garment break down.