1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I trans? (FTM)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Molluffinz, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Molluffinz

I've known from a young age that gay bi pan trans ect people exist and I have always been cool with it because I knew the only way it would really effect me is if someone like liked me. As someone who is unsure about their sexuality I dug deeper into the LGBTQIA+ Community. Something then dawned on me; what if I was trans.

I have more boy friends than girl friends; I dress more masculine; I only shave because sports at school; I wanna cut off my long hair but I am unsure if it would look good on me; I hate my boobs, I don't want them there.

Am I trans or is this just a stupid teen trying to fix themselves in a box?:help:

2. Delta

It sounds like right now, you can at very least say you're "questioning". :slight_smile: As for your gender identity, try on different things for size in your head, and try the ones of those you like of those out in safe social spheres. There's no one who really knows how you feel but you.

So you might be trying to find a box to fit in? Most people are. And what happens in that case? You find one that you identify with and you live a happy life there, hopefully. It's not like searching for an identity makes your identity invalid.

3. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello. Gender expression does not equal gender identity. It's really hard to describe how you are. Do you feel bottom dysphoria? Would you be okay with people calling you the opposite gender? Example he instead of she or she instead of him. Do you cringe if your name is more feminine or more masculine? I don't want to give an example just so I don't offend anyone. Also, do you feel social dysphoria? Do you wish people would see you as male? No one on here can tell you your gender identity but help guide you to resources. Have you looked up non-binary genders? You should look up the definitions of all of them. It may help you. Hope you find your identity :slight_smile:.

4. lawlight

First of all, you're likely not a 'stupid teen'; you're young, you can (probably) explore, and as long as you don't do drugs, it's cool.(!)

No one can tell you if you're trans or not, but consider this: would you be comfortable if people saw you as a boy, referring to you using masculine pronouns and a male name? Would you feel more comfortable in a male body?

Also, gender exists on a spectrum, so you might be a gender-nonconforming cisgender female, binary transgender, or anywhere on the genderqueer spectrum in between. Don't worry too much about finding a box to fit yourself into!

I wish you luck.:icon_bigg

Edit: gender expression=/=gender identity. Very important.

#4 lawlight, Mar 27, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
  5. demigodjay

Well, none of us on here can tell you if you're trans. We can help you find the answer, but you have to tell yourself. Things you can think about are: social dysphoria, so when you are called x name and x pronouns, does it bother you? Body dysphoria(although you don't have to have it), does your body cause you discomfort, and also do you wish that you would have been born a boy?

6. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The truth is that gender identity is holistic, so you can't tell it by just a couple of preferences. It's actually very complicated, and the questioning process is draining. It's impossible to tell so easily if you're trans or if it's a couple of your preferences. You are at least gender non-conforming or a tomboy/butch, which means a woman with a masculine expression or with a significant masculine aspect. The question being... is it an aspect or is it central to who you are?

I personally found lots of the standard questions very unhelpful because I lacked self-understanding and understanding of the world, I never questioned. "They say I'm a girl. Okey. Whatever. This is what girls do? Okey, I'll do it. I'll do my best. Whatever. But hurry up, I need to get to my bus on time... And oooh, I want that cake!" - that was my attitude.

#6 Mihael, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016