1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not NB, Not Trans*, Not Bigender (Update)

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by pointofnoreturn, Mar 29, 2016.

1. pointofnoreturn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you to those who replied to my other post. Your replies forced me to do some serious, well needed research. Here's what I know for sure:
    [*]I'm not non-binary. I definitely identify with gender and within the binary.
    [*]I'm not a trans guy. Despite pretty intense dysphoria, I don't know if I would want to fully transition. Plus I don't feel fully masculine.
    [*]I'm not bi-gender. From what I've researched, bigender people are constantly switching between male and female. That's not how I feel. I don't think, if I decided to switch to a masculine presentation, that I'd want to go back to a female one.
    Needless to say, this leaves me so confused. I want so badly to present as male. The few times I've had my hair cut with clippers, I've loved it. If I had my way I'd keep it that short all the time. The only real dysphoria I've had is with my chest; binding and wearing more masculine clothes makes me feel so much better. When I think about being misgendered, I like it. I like being mistaken for a boy; I've even been called by a male name/pronouns before. Even when I'm with my girlfriend, there are times I wish I was a boy, with a flat chest and everything else...but she loves my body exactly as it is.
    Please give me as much feedback as possible. Thanks.:help:

2. lnamae

lnamae Guest

From my understanding, you can still be non-binary and feel gender. I think non-binary can be like neither, mixed, more one than the other, no gender and a whole heap of variants. I don't think bigender is always constantly switching between being male and female too (I don't think it even has to be male and female) but can be a state of both. Just like genderfluid can be switching or a more consistent state of both.

Also, you don't have to want to 'transition' to be a transguy too.

Sorry, I've just researched a lot of this stuff as well before I settled for no label for now. I get dysphoria as well, and have been trying to understand what it means.

Labels seem to overlap quite a bit when it comes to some of them, and people use them sometimes in different ways. I probably can't help you more than that, sorry :icon_sad: I've just settled on taking steps towards being more comfortable with myself and wherever I end up is where I end up. But I don't know if that's the best way... It's the way I feel more happy about, and maybe it's not for everyone?

I'm sure there are others who can give you good advice on figuring it out. I haven't seen any of your posts before as well, so I don't really understand what you're feeling well enough too.

#2 lnamae, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
  3. Lacybi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't know if you've ever heard of demiboy? It's where you feel partially male and partially something else or just partially male. Might be something to look into.

4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You don't have to want to fully transition to be a guy, and non-binary means you're something else than exclusively either male or female, so you still can be non-binary, but be somewhere in the man-woman spectrum. It's pretty difficult to figure out your own gender, it is. I can't tell from what you write. You must find out what and who you identify with. If you like to present as male for fun or because you identify with being a guy.

5. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello. I am technically non-binary, but I have a gender. My gender is androgyne. It is a mix of both binaries. So it part of the binary spectrum, just in the (near) middle of this spectrum.

I also likes someone's suggestion of demiboy. That may be what you are feeling.

Also, genderfluid is switching between one gender and another.

Anyways, no one on here can tell you what gender you are. We can only give suggestions. It took me months to figure out my identity, which is short compared to others. I knew I wasn't fully female at a young age, and I just thought I was a "tomboy" but I know better now. Anyways, hope you find something that is comfortable to you :slight_smile:.

6. pointofnoreturn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm sorry if I offended anyone. I'm new to all of this and even though I've done some research I haven't done much.
    So tired of this. I may as well just give up and call myself a girl for all intents and purposes.:bang::icon_sad:

7. YinYang

No, it's ok. You were just misinformed, that's all. Don't give up. You'll figure yourself out, don't worry.

You definitely sound nonbinary to me, possibly demiboy as Lacybi said. Bigender can also be both male and female at the same time, so you might want to think about that, too. But remember, it's not as important as you think to find a label for yourself. You can just choose not to label yourself if you can't find a word that fits your identity, that's perfectly ok.

8. pointofnoreturn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you. Feeling both male and female makes sense. I did think of myself as bigender for a while but then the urges went away. Is that normal, do you think?

9. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds normal. Maybe the urges were an expression of you feeling not entirely female, and you didn't know what you feel. That was the case for me as well.

10. pointofnoreturn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Bought my first male shirt today, and passed!!!

11. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (!)(!)(!)

Cool :slight_smile:

12. pointofnoreturn

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Told my girlfriend today. She is loving and supportive and wants to discuss this more. But I'm still scared.