1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Expectations

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Salaman, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Salaman

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    After identifying as an androgyne I resorted back to being female-identified full time. I have been identifying as bigender not so long ago since I switch from female to male and male to female. Pronouns could give me a lot of social distress because they is usually mistaken as always plural and 'Ze' would give me tons of side-eyes and chuckles. I don't know any other transgenders personally, and I would feel I would annoy or baffle folks if I change from he to she then she to he and therefore be subjected to backlash. I have Autism and am trying my best to 'adjust' to the 'sane' world. I know there are gender neutral pronouns that are not baffling to most like it but I would feel too uncomfortable telling them to refer me as such because the pronoun is so jarring to other Westerners. I also think its quite unrealistic for even a few to refer to yourself as se, zir, etc. Particularly in the English-speaking world (where I live). I'd rather be refered to as a 'he' since that's also neutral, but I possibly will be mistaken as a trans woman or a gender variant cis male. If everyone in school knows I am a he, what would some of them do when I happen to be in the ladies' or mens' washrooms? I am planning to come out as bigender after Summer semester begins since the only ones who know are my medical professionals. I feel more relating to gender variant cis men or trans women even though I was born a girl. The butch manifesto doesn't reflect me even as a man. I would still like to grow my hair long, not go topless, and not wear heavy/baggy clothing as a man without having to wear a suit. I don't really like suits regardless of my gender id. Most female-bodied GQs I've seen fit the style that is geared more toward masculinity, or butch lesbian/man, whereas I would gear towards the Prince-like androgyny as a man or woman, and I see a lot of trans women pulling that well, so I guess that is why I relate to them more than the trans men I've seen.

#1 Salaman, Mar 31, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  2. FreeFlow9917

I have autism as well. I know how you feel, trying to fit in. I recently hypnotized myself to be a sissy, but i reversed it. After that, I was still left with feminine feelings I had shoved down. I may have reversed my hypnosis, but it released my feminine side.

What I am saying is, do you. You should be able to wear what you want to; whether it would be a lovely dress or be a prince. Do not live to expectations others set for you. My parents still do not believe I'm gay even after I came out.

Try being more androgynous. Have the best of both worlds. Wear something that expresses yourself in every way possible.