1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your Definition

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by EnchanterForest, Apr 1, 2016.

1. EnchanterForest

I was just wondering what does the term Demi-Guy/Girl mean to you?

I am just trying to find the best way to explain my Identity to people at school and they just get confused because I am a Demi-Guy but D.F.A.B and it has been only recently that dsyphoria has hit me hard. So yeah, I guess it was because most of my life I never really doubted the idea of that I was a girl because I was in the right body.

2. YinYang

I see demigenders as being in the middle of the gender and agender, I guess. Like, demigirl is in the middle of girl and agender, and demiboy is in the middle of boy and agender. Maybe you could tell people you're "sort of a boy" or "almost a boy"?

3. intherye

I agree with the above poster! Also, my plan for coming out is to use the whole idea of gender as a spectrum from woman to man (despite the fact this isn't at all accurate; I just feel it'll be the simplest way to explain it to my cis friends who know nothing about other genders), and say I'm about 3/4 of the way along, so you could try saying this, for whatever you are, if your friends are slightly ignorant.
    Also, I feel the same about everything you wrote!

4. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll just use demiboy as the example. I agree that demi- means somewhere between agender and (in this case), male. Another way to look at it is just mostly male, but occasionally not, or simply - mostly/partially male. I think people can interpret it somewhat differently depending on the individual, but that seems to be the general way people understand demi - (gender). Good luck :slight_smile:

5. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with the above posters, I've always defined the term as meaning not completely male, but partially-male but not fully, kind of in between male and neutral.
    I know some people also use it to mean part male and part something else like male/agender, male/demigirl, etc. And I believe both definitions are correct depending on the person.

This is from gender.wikia.com
    Demiguy - Gender Wiki - Wikia

6. lawlight

Hmmmm...I've heard/seen that it means you're mostly masculine, partially something else?

7. EnchanterForest

Thanks Everyone, that helps quite a bit.

#7 EnchanterForest, Apr 2, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2016