1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deciding another middle name

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Nike007, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello. So I decided that I want a more unisex middle name. I will have two middle names, with the unisex one more known to people irl, and the one given at birth just known to people who are close to me (partner and best friend). So I have a few options that I like. I looked through it for about 30 mins to an hour and this is what I found:

Niko Drew Marie L.
    Niko Storm Marie L.
    Niko Aeryn Marie L.
    Niko Jade Marie L.
    Niko Sky(e) Marie L.

Note: L is the first letter of last name. It is two syllables long.

I like all of them. I also had Reed and Tony, but it didn't suit the part after so...

Aeryn is pronounced Erin/Aaron. It's this spelling because it's a name based off a TV show character I like with this exact spelling.

I just want to know your opinions and which sounds better and has more flow to it? Thanks for your help :slight_smile:.

2. 101DeadRoses

I like the name Aeryn, but I think Storm probably sounds the best with the rest of your name (awesome name BTW, and a good decision to do that to better express yourself. Been thinking of requesting that my family call me something different as well, still unsure).

3. H20

H20

I agree. Aeryn is an awesome name and done uniquely. Storm and Aeryn are also the only ones, in my opinion, that seems to flow nicely together, or at least the best. Can't say one is better than the other though. That's your decision, but either way, it's a great name. (*hug*)

4. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I like Aeryn and Sky a lot, although I agree with 101DeadRoses that Storm sounds the coolest when put with the rest of your name. I don't think you could go wrong with any of those names though, they all sound really cool and could work just as well.

Good luck!

5. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Niko, I love Marie and almost chose it for my middle name. I know you're keeping it as part of your birth name just wanted to give you a shout out. :wink:

As you probably know, Marie has a pretty dark meaning - Sea of Sorrow/Bitterness so Storm goes with it quite nicely. Aeyrn is an awesome name as well - as an Irishwoman, I fully approve! :slight_smile:. Anywho, I really like both choices but if it was up to me, I think I'd pick Aeyrn because of my ancestry.

6. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks :slight_smile:. Marie is my grandmother's name. The reason why I'm keeping it is to remember her because she passed away when I was two because of cancer :icon_sad:. I wouldn't want to get rid of it for this reason.

I'm going to reply to middle name stuff later, when more people reply.

7. Nike007

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Niko Storm, Niko Aeryn, or Niko Sky(e).... Hmmm.... I do like the name Aeryn. But I like all the other names too. This is really hard :frowning2:.