1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Effects of testosterone?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lnamae, Apr 5, 2016.

1. lnamae

lnamae Guest

Hey.

I've googled the effects of testosterone, and read quite a few things on it. However I'm still unsure about some things. I'm not sure that I would want to go on T, at least at this point, however if I were to take a low dose of it, until it was just enough to pass (mostly voice) then stopped, what would that do? Would it wreck up my body, or would all the effects just go away? Just some? A little confused........

2. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Taking a low dose only means that the effects will happen at a slower rate, but they will still happen.
    Some effects of T won't go away, like the voice and any developments under the belt, but after a while off fat should go back to female places and muscles will go back to femaleness l. Skin won't appear as rough and will go back to the smoothness again.

I'm not sure if your hairline will grow back, but most likely not.

Maybe someone will come who can answer better.

3. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can google Neutrois Nonsense (blog), Micah described their experince with low dose testosterone, but I think they did not stop at any point. I might be wrong, I didn't look into it very in detail. You might be able to find some further resources on their blog.

4. lnamae

lnamae Guest

Thanks, that actually helps heaps

5. darkcomesoon

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty sure you'd have to wait until your voice had completely dropped, because otherwise you get stuck with an awkward half-dropped pubescent boy voice, which is generally not what people are going for. You'd still get any of the other permanent changes that would have occurred by the time your voice had finished dropping if you'd gone on full dose T.

The actual timeline for effects of T varies greatly, so you can't really predict what you'd get. You'd definitely have the downstairs growth, and that does not reverse. If your hairline started to change, that would not reverse either. It is possible that you would begin to get some facial hair (depending on how fast your voice drops and how early your facial hair starts to come in), which would also not go away, although it would grow slower once you got off T.

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Testosterone, at any dose, can have unpredictable effects--and stopping, can reverse many of them. So unless you want to keep them (ex: body hair, fat redistribution, shark week stopping, muscle gain etc..) then it's something you'll need to stay on.

7. Ghostling

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Heyyo, I've been on and off T for two years and I think I can answer a lot of your questions.

Low doses of T work exactly the same as a 'normal' dose, just slower.

Stopping T is totally ok, it doesn't fuck up your body or anything and some things do stay, and some do leave.
    -Body fat will redistribute back to waist/bust/hips sorta deal
    -Facial/Body hair will steadily stop growing after you stop taking T, though some will stick around unless you shave it.
    -Periods will come back about a month or so after stopping T
    -Voice, even if you stop during the 'awkward half-dropped pubescent boy voice' phase darkcomesoon mentioned, WILL even out. I stopped T halfway through that period and within a week or two the cracking stopped and my voice stayed the same pitch, but without all the screechy crackly nonsense. Even when I've stopped taking T at other points, the voice always tends to even out to a more normal sounding tone, but stay the same range.

Feel free to ask more if you need to know more, I've got a lot of knowledge on this.