1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderqueer?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Mihael, Apr 5, 2016.

1. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been wondering about my being genderqueer. I feel like a quite normal guy. I have a quite normal guy life and quite normal guy thoughts, it's just I'm a female (read: uterus, vagina, breasts...) and some people say I can't be a boy because of that and impose on me their vision of what a female should be.

Yesterday I went with my Mom eat out and I was sitting there and envying guys my age their outfits and haircuts. The point being (even though I'm walking around my main point and not hitting it), I don't feel any different than a quite regular guy. I have interesting background, but I don't feel any different, I don't feel like I'm essentially something else. I just look that way and it's misleading, most people who have this look and physiological make-up are girls. Psychologically.

On the other hand, I'm not your typical trans guy. I'm not distressed about pronouns, breasts, my body in general. I like wearing women's clothing, I like to play a woman sometimes in a dress-up way, because it's fun. And if it looks good, why shouldn't I wear it? I'm also very gay, I'm quite feminine in some sense. I like cooking (just like a couple of my neighbours, who are guys), I like art and music, I'm quite sensitive and empathic. And this sets my being a guy into question. "You don't even try to live as a man" kind of thing. If I were cis - my gender would be questioned the same way.

My doubt being - I don't know if I am genderqueer or just don't give a f***. Or if this is not "You are not masculine enough, you are not a real man!" or another version of the typical "No sissy stuff". I'm a sissy - so f***in' what??? I definitely live as genderqueer, but I can't help feeling somewhat offended at suggesting I'm not 'really' a guy or at insistance on my genitals. I feel objectified when someone points out my physiology this way. Not that I'm somehow terrible offended or make fuss, or cringe when called a girl, because realistically speaking - when I look like a girl and act like one - what should I expect?

Boobs are sissy? F you. Those are my boobs. And I would change this life for a different one, I wouldn't change this body to a different one. It all has its downsides, yes. But this body is a man's body already, because I am a man. I see a guy in the mirror. So what if it is an unusual body for a guy? It's just a piece of flesh. A healthy piece of flesh that serves me well.

The arguments raised on why I am not a guy but have to identify as genderqueer just don't speak to me at all. I might identify as genderqueer because I see myself as a third gender, maybe, and live outside the binary. But still, it makes me confused how much I like all this femme stuff and do it on my own - if it means I feel like a woman too? But then again, there are plenty of quite regular guys who do all those things too, except for dressing up. When acting a girl, I feel a certain sense of emptiness that I do not feel about being a guy. It bothers me why I dress like this, that maybe there is something behind it? I want to become a woman a lot, I want to feel like a part of it, but I don't feel like a part of it. I'm confused about this.

Anyone? Any thoughts?

2. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "And I would change this life" *woulnd't

3. lnamae

lnamae Guest

I can relate to some of it. I feel like a pretty neutral guy who might only really fit into 'genderqueer' because I was born dfab. If I was born dmab, I'd probably be totally comfortable. I envy how guys look a lot too, and am not too distressed by pronouns either. I can't wear womens clothes, it feels too weird to me, but if I was a cis guy I probably wouldn't care so much. But I'm pretty feminine in other ways guess.

I'm still not sure how to tell the difference, between being non-binary, or not giving a fuck, or being a transguy either.

I don't think liking femme stuff can really say much about your gender, unless you associate it with a feeling of being 'female'. For example, if I put on a dress I wouldn't feel female I would just feel like I'm... well slightly uncomfortable and wearing a dress. And there are heaps of cis guys who do crossdress or act feminine or whatever but who would be uncomfortable if they were to be seen as female/were born dfab.

"I want to become a woman a lot, I want to feel like a part of it, but I don't feel like a part of it. I'm confused about this."

I used to feel this a lot. I think because people were putting that pressure on me, and I thought that something was wrong with me because I just couldn't relate. It's hard to separate sometimes what you feel, and how you think you should feel. Maybe think about this a bit?

I relate to the feeling of seeing a male body instead of a female one in the mirror too. Lately my dysphoria has been bad though, and that's sort of up and down... I don't think I'd get surgery, but I would have liked a lot to have been born differently.

Sorry I can't help more, I'm very lost about it all too and you replied to some of my posts and helped so I thought I could just put some thoughts down :icon_sad:

4. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for replying.

I think I have no clue what "female" feels like. I just feel like I dolled myself up and look like a work of art, but nothing else really. I don't even know what I was supposed to feel about this.

Thank you for this.