1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

harassment at school

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by jaska, Apr 5, 2016.

1. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've been having some trouble at school lately with kids shouting at me, getting stared at and laughed at etc. i can't find much help on the Internet about this so I came here to ask. What kind of harassment do you get at school and how do you handle it/or useful advise for coping? I've been debating whether it will be safe to go through with starting T, aswell, while I'm at the school, so is there anyone else who has done this or has any ideas on this? Thanks

And um, I have even been feeling like my friends are judging me behind my back and the people that sit with them and me at lunchtime I really don't like and am kind of scared of. So any help on that about friends would be appreciated :slight_smile:

#1 jaska, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016
  2. EnchanterForest

I am in a similar situation. A most of my teachers know about my situation as well. If it happens in class I can just walk out, but I don't because I feel like that is the weak thing to do. So instead I try to ignore it the best I can and continue on with what ever I am doing. One thing I try to do is manipulate the conversation and change it or focus on something really random like "what chromosome is heterochromia on?" (Yeah I was in Science). Do tell a teacher of any kind, especially one you feel close to. It does help a lot.

For T, well I haven't been to a psychotherapist yet and have only just came out to my family. But I have defiantly thought about it, since it is complicated for me I wouldn't do it until I left secondary (high) school, mainly because most people are jerks and I feel under pressure to always answer questions. But go for it, it probably won't make your situation worse. And like when you go to Uni it will have been done and you can start a new. (This is probably not that helpful sorry :/ )

If your friends don't like you, try and find new ones. That is the best thing I can say, friends change all the time only those who make an effort to be in your life deserve your attention.

Also Ki Ora Bro, if you want to talk I am here all the time.

#2 EnchanterForest, Apr 5, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2016