1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ughhhhhhhhh.

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FrereApothicair, Apr 8, 2016.

1. FrereApothicair

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like the title says. Ugh. I feel like crap. Dysphoria is worse, I can't lose any dang weight off my hips, my dad is acting weird, and I have to present female at work. I wish I could just tell my dad the truth, that I want to die and I need to start testosterone (or SOMETHING, GOD) so I don't die. I'm so tired, guys. Do you think appetite suppressants would help with the weight issue? I'm an emotional eater, and I eat when I'm bored. Can't do caffeine anymore (which contributes to the tired), so that's out of the question as a suppressant. I'm not sure what this post is about. :slight_smile:

#1 FrereApothicair, Apr 8, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  2. Careboobear

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can start off with a notebook. Everyday write about the good that happened that day. To lose some weight, try walking first then gradually run. You have the power to change the things you can, not the things you can't. About your dad, come out when you feel safe and comfortable. Take care and best wishes.

3. Mr Spock

Losing weight off your hips could be difficult. In general count calories and exercise. If the "weight" still isn't coming off it may not improve until you start hormones.
    Appetite Suppressants work, but they won't work long-term because when you stop using them you'll yo-yo right back.
    Make sure you're getting enough rest. Also make sure your tiredness isn't related to poor eating habits or disease, like diabetes. Exercise may also help your tiredness.
    Maybe your job is the source of your fatigue. It is also causing you a lot of stress it sounds like. You may need to start looking for another one. Therapy might also help you through this difficult time if you can afford it.
    Being in this situation with your dad sounds difficult. If you can get away from being financially dependent on him then I say transition anyways. If not, do what you can until you can get away.

I feel like a damn fortune cookie.

4. FrereApothicair

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks, guys. Yeah, the issue right now is that I've pretty much plateaued with my weight-loss. I'm pretty thin, except for the hips. They won't go away, no matter what I do, and it's driving me crazy. I may have to just grin and bear it until I can get on T (IF I can get on T). My eating and exercise habits are pretty healthy--lots of avocados, and plenty of exercise throughout the week. It's probably the job, and the mental exhaustion of being "a girl" all day, every day. (Luckily, it's an internship, and it ends soon. The company is actually extremely accepting of LGBT stuff, but I promised my dad I would try to deal as I am for a while, so I couldn't come out. It's not working. At all.) My dad knows I'm trans, and he's trying to be supportive, but he can't let go of his "little princess." It's kind of sucking, hard-core. I'm seeing my therapist soon, and I'm going to try and get some input on how best to tell my dad, "No, I cannot deal with this, I have to transition. NOW." I guess I'm just feeling kind of desperate right now.

5. Ghostling

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Men have hips too! It's not solely a woman thing. Plenty of cis guys have wide hips, and just because you don't look like a 6 foot 8 bodybuilder with a perfect triangle body doesn't mean you can't look like a guy.

As for your dad, give him time. Obviously that sucks and is hard on you but he'll come around. Maybe just frankly tell him that he makes you uncomfortable sometimes, and help him cope with trying to change the way he refers to you.