1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ms Emma's random gender thoughts

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by MsEmma, Apr 9, 2016.

1. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Much like Katchoo's thread, I figured I'd start one that's not a blog but more of musings that relate to gender and keep them in one spot inside this category. Mods, if this isn't kosher let me know.

Here we go: here I am, folding laundry, listening to Spotify on my headphones and jamming out a bit. Damn, I feel feminine in such a good way. I'm dancing a bit, shaking my hips and loving a chore that I usually eff'ing loathe. But today, I feel sexy doing it. So weird.

Just heard a remix/cover of "Fast Car" by Jonas Blue (originally by Tracy Chapman) and it brings back so many good memories but the new beat makes me want to dance - like a girl.

What task/chore helps you feel good about yourself?

Btdubs, here's the cover:
    [YOUTUBE]X6qIvzeNPxk[/YOUTUBE]

2. Eveline

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Aww...(*hug*)

I usually feel most alive when I am giving attention to my niece.

In general, young children tend to make me really really motherly. :astonished:

Taylor Swift and singing along nearly always makes me much less dysphoric. Something about her voice is so soothing to me. :eusa_ange

Talking to other girls, sharing and chatting about day to day things also makes me happier and calmer. :slight_smile:

#2 Eveline, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  3. Matto_Corvo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Let's see

Watching fighting movies and sports tends to make me feel more masculine.

Landuardy, in its own way, tends to give me masculine feelings as well. I think it has a lot to with the fact that I imagine myself as guy doing the landuary xD. I use to have times where I would see my arm moving from the washer to the dryer and suddenly get the impression that I was watching a guy do landuary.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love going out with the girls and shopping and doing nails and such. But then again I love going out with the bros too. I was my friends wing woman last night and it was fun.

Whatever makes you feel happy is what matters.

5. Jellal

I love roleplaying online with my friends. It always feels best roleplaying female characters.

6. Mr Spock

I really enjoy dressing up and watching myself turn into my true self. Since I'm not out to my mom I only do it when she's not home and I have somewhere to go, but I just love looking in the mirror and seeing a semi-attractive dude. Now if I could only start on some hormones...

7. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Working out to some rock music makes me feel beastly. I imagine myself as Batman, and get a major boost in will, masculinity, and self-esteem.

8. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You sound like you were having an amazing time, Emma, it's lovely (*hug*) Sometimes it's the small things that can make us feel pretty good.

For me - I like working out (within my limits); I'm small and really not that strong but it makes me feel better, working more towards a body I want.

And maybe this is less gender related but I actually really enjoy going grocery shopping sometimes? I just put on some earphones, listen to some playlists that make me feel better about myself, and get a bunch of food and drinks I want. It makes me feel productive, and just a regular guy going about his daily routine I suppose :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

#8 Alder, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  9. aceabegq

Out Status:
    A few people
    This was really uplifting to read, thanks Emma! (*hug*) I hope you get more times like that!

I love learning about the world, the countries in it, the languages around us, the culture and so on. One thing that is my absolute favorite, is to go into street view on a random country, find out where that country is and what's going on there. It makes me feel more connected to the world, even if I'm limited by what I can do now! :slight_smile:

- Ace

10. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Love the responses, folks!! Thanks for chiming in - our joy is infectious (in the good way, cough cough). I'm not saying at all that we shouldn't share when we're in the pits or got royally shat upon, but it sure is nice to have some sunshine.

Love to you all! :kiss:

11. Cattykit16

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I guess helping my mom cook dinner makes me feel really good about myself. There's something about cooking that gives me more confidence in myself, so it feels really great when I end up making a great meal that everyone ends up enjoying. Plus, being the cook of the house is typically a feminine thing, so that helps too.

12. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Emma's first big-girl bra... A dilemma!

Ok, I feel silly asking this question. Moment of embarrassing revelations: I've always just used a bra that was around the house (my sisters' growing up, girlfriends in college, and wife now). Each has been ill-fitting. However, it's time to buy my first real big-girl Emma bra. I'm a tall girl 6'1 1/2", not petite but not chubby although I could use to lose 10 or so pounds from my gut.

So, I've read several articles about going in to get fitted, breast petals, breast forms, push-up bras, etc. Good holy hell, I'm confused and overwhelmed. Bonus points: I don't have a good female friend who can take me shopping here locally for moral support. What's a girl to do?

Added to all this, I don't know what my real breasts will end up at, cup-size, once I finish HRT so buying cute clothes to go with fake boobs (for now) is discouraging too. I want to dress nicely, have a medium-sized bust, and look like a woman. (I think I'd like to end up with a C cup based off my shoulders and frame, but for counterpoint, tall celebrities have smaller breasts, like Famke Janssen [34B], Gwendoline Christie [36A], Taylor Swift [32B], and Jordin Sparks [34B]).

Is this too much to ask?? Ladies, what say you? :help:

13. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Your bra size should be commensurate with your body shape and size. People like the ladies you mentioned aren't large women in terms of stature or for a lack of a better term, girth.

Wouldn't really look natural to see a 6'5 woman with B cups walk down the street.

But again since us trans women cannot necessarily grow natural boobs instantly we can choose for the time being. So choose what makes you happy I guess.

14. AyaseKishimoto

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel very good when i listen to music and sing songs of Yui Sakakibara and Ali project, it always makes me feel more femenine and calm... Another one when i feel good is when i play video games and choose female characters... By the way i don't like to cook cause always makes me feel that i'm useless :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, I think B's or smaller would look like "mosquito-bites." C's or D's are probably frame-appropriate but choosing breast forms is killing me. (As an aside, all the celebs I mentioned above are ≥ 5'11". Link.)

For breast forms, did you go into to a retail store your first time or buy online? Preferred brand? Adhesive or bra w/ pockets? I'm so clueless. Ugh. I feel like I'm standing in the market, staring at a huge aisle and don't even know what I'm looking for let alone what's going to taste good.

16. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I remember when a female friend I knew said "you're just like a girl". That made me feel happy although I didn't understand why. With hindsight I guess I can say that I felt validated. I think I heard that sometime before too.

17. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One of the best decisions I've ever made was to take up amateur ballet again four years ago. I could write a lot about how this has been critical in enabling me to grow as a person in a way that I would never have been able to otherwise, but for now I'm going to show you one of my favourite ever dances, the chicken dance from La Fille Mal Gardee, choreographed here by Frederick Ashton:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAAodYX3xI8

Just watching it makes me feel alive inside, and it makes me want to dance. :icon_bigg

#17 Hats, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
  18. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love to dance, but I haven't in so long... I suddenly got old. Work, wife, kids, bum right knee from a bad skydive landing, early mornings, lame-ass excuses... I'm no ballet dancer, but salsa, merengue, house, club, and of course some Britney Spears get me going. I was even known to 2-step, swing and waltz. Now, how to re-learn all that in heels! :wink:

19. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I rode my bike today, did a couple of cool things on it and feel awsome :grin: I also played some rock music on the headphones when brushing teeth, danced and pretended to the mirror that I'm fighting. Lol. And went window shopping - I like looking at all this cool stuff and admiring. I wanted to buy something, but couldn't make up my mind and... I bought only some groceries and cosmetics I needed. Oranges <3

20. MsEmma

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Mmmm, oranges! My second favorite fruit next to avocados! Fresh pineapple would be third (I got so spoiled living in Okinawa where the pineapple was unbelievable. It ruined me for stateside-purchased pineapple.)