1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help a non binary on periods?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by aceabegq, Apr 10, 2016.

1. aceabegq

Out Status:
    A few people
    Feeling uncomfy because of the periods happening. Feeling like I don't want to deal with it. Advice? Either emotionally, or to reduce pain would be good.

Thanks!

-Ace

#1 aceabegq, Apr 10, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
  2. TheSideKick

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have yet to find a magic spell to get rid of periods completely, but I do know ways to deal with them.

To reduce cramps drink lots of water, this actually helps a lot an can reduce the pain to a more bearable level. Eating food or snacks is also helpful, but don't go overboard.

Emotionally try watching some of your favorite videos or movies while wearing comfy clothes, or do something you really like doing(drawing, reading, riding a scooter), or if you need support for the rough day talk to someone about it whether IRL or in EC. Also the quiet place is a good website to just let it all out.

Hopefully this helps and that you feel better, stay strong friend! ^_^

3. Aberrance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hot water bottles are a god send. If you can find two have one for the front and one for your back and just get in a comfy position.

Emotionally, I haven't really found a good way to deal yet. Maybe reading a book because you're able to immerse yourself into someone elses life? Also dress the way you want. If you see yourself presenting in a way that's comfortable for you it may help alleviate any dysphoria and make you feel a bit better mentally.

4. GenderSciFi

Awww... that sucks. Here's what I do: 1) take pain meds, drink lots of herbal tea (you can find ou online which herbs are good) and use warm water bottles to reduce the pain 2) because it can also suck gender-wise, tell yourself that you are the most badass-superhero kind of person to make it through this. There's lots of blood and pain. There's emotional struggle. What is not awesome about you still kickin'?
    Idk, of course like, a big part of the global population menstruates, but that doesn't make it any less bad, and also most of them don't have gender-issues.
    (*hug*)

5. Foxfeather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Honestly, b. control pills help

6. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I heard something about dark chocolate and shark week, though I don't know if it reduces pain or what. If you're able to, see if birth control is an option for you. I went on that before I could start T and I was "shark week free" for over six months.

7. Delta

If you're super lucky and have access to medical care like I do, you might want to consider getting a birth control implant or a hormonal IUD. I got Mirena a few years back and now I only rarely have periods. Maybe 3-4 times a year, very light, very little cramping, and I don't even have to worry about it.

It can have some peculiar and obnoxious side effects, and you would have to be comfortable with a gynecologist being down there, but I find it outstandingly better than the effects of my normal periods.

8. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It helped me to treat it like a technical problem. Think it's a wound and you'll feel badass :wink: And wear the comfy clothing you like... When I stared getting periods, my mom forced me to wear skirts not move at all because of that. Ugh. I felt humiliated, on the top of all the physical perks of that. No good. So avoid this kind of stuff. If you enjoy sports, do them. Unless you feel like fainting. If you enjoy wearing pants, wear pants. Don't feel pressured to deny yourself things that make you happy.