1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The topic of school uniforms

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Otaku28, Apr 11, 2016.

1. Otaku28

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi, I'm biologically a female, but I feel male, and I enjoy wearing binders and male clothing and being called "he". The law in my country is that if you are transgender you are allowed to wear the uniform of your gender but I don't know how to tell my mother. She knows I feel that way, but she thinks im just going through a phase and I know she wont let me wear the boys uniform. I want to be able to wear it by senior year (next year), so what do I do??

2. jaska

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Otaku I'm from NZ too! Id say just ask your mum anyway and if she says no then just buy the uniform yourself. The school I go to has a boy and girl uniform aswell and I had a bit of trouble with the lady who ran the uniform shop, but I got permission from my year dean, so she had no authority to stop me. Try not to worry about your mum not letting you, if she is really against it then you could always change into the boys uniform when you got to school. Is there someone at school who you trust to talk about it? Then they could help you explain it to your mum and they will understand why you are changing uniforms and they can help you out with any issues you have about being able to wear it. If your school has a queer support group you might be able to find other trans people there who could have had similar issues

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Who is to say you can't change before you come home?

One of my friends at work talks about she hated the stuffy dress her mom stuck her in each morning. She had a change of clothes with a shorter skirt and blouse for school and changed it on the way back home.

You could do the same thing probably. High school students do that all the time.